• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Constant sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For a couple of days now, Tonic just seems to sleep a lot. OK, it may now sound much, but even after a big snooze I pick him up, and he falls asleep on me! He's usually sitting, waiting for me at tea time, but once again, he's asleep. Any ideas?

For those that have older pigs, do you think it could be due to his age?

Even when it's floor time, he'll rather sit where he is.

I'm worrying!

I would imagine that would happen as pigs age, but what do I know, my eldest is 7 months ?

I'm sure someone else will be able to ease your worries :)

Poor darling Tonic. That Guinea is wearing him out!

Can't advise you on this, sorry.

I'm afraid I can't advise with any authority either Kelly. I would put it down to him wanting to take it easy but I really wouldn't know for sure. I hope someone else can help xx

as some of mine got older they did tend to want to sleep more they certainly slow down, but i would keep an eye out for any health problems, if hes eating and drinking and of course pooping fine then I would say its old age catching up on him, like it does us all lol

Thanx all! He's eating, pooping and drinking fine as always, it's just that he sleeps way more than he has done.

I guess it's me just worrying over nothing! Like you said Michelle, age catching up with him -he's just slowed right down all of a sudden though.

But otherwise in himself he's totally fine! Even had a sleep in bed with me this morning!

I LOVE that. Riffy and I had a snooze together at the weekend. Riff's the loveliest person ever been in my bed ;D

my older ones slow down i spose its the same as old people you just dont have the energy you use to have,

apart from the oldman baz i have now he is on his way to piggy heaven but he has gone hypo,

he is very lively at the min, perhaps its his last burst b4 the end bless him.

How old is tonic?

My girls will be soon clased as OAP. they are both 4 on 13th August.

LOL now munching on the broccoli stalk and some mini corn before he goes back to being a 'sleepy gorgeous old geezer' LOL ;D

my girls seem to last longer then the boys for some reason, Squeak was 7 and cuddles was almost 8, quincee is almost 4 , but ginger a male is my eldest now and he suffers with his bum ( anal impaction) but has done for about 2 years now, but i do consider anything above 4 is a good age,

Lucinda said:
will they have a party, Michele?

I want to but dont know how to make a guinea pig cake. If anyone knows how please let me know.

think I would have a go at mixing grated carrot and celery etc and put it in a mould, then decorate with parsley when resonably set, ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back