• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Constantly biting me and my partner!

Tyron2000

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya,
So I recently got 2 female guinea pigs. Maya and Bella. Maya is very cuddly and excited etc. But bella on the other hand if handled or even my finger is in her vicinity, she will constantly bite my fingers, my hand, my clothes.
Does anyone know why shes doing this? As it's quite worrying.

My boy used to bite a bit when he was younger but it was just his way of being bossy letting me know if he didn't want to be held, needed to pee, wanted snacks. It can be all sorts of reasons my other boy will nip my fingers during cuddle time if I stop petting him.

The guide is invaluable but you also have to consider that she may never like being held or touched. Some are like that.

The guides on this forum really are good!. One of my rescue piggies, Wilbur used to try to bite me - he hated being handled from day one. I have had him since he was about 12 weeks old and he is now nearly 3 1/2 years old. I put thick layers on each time I handled him and always had a snack ready for him and its only been the past year that he tolerates it. He always let me know when he has had enough. All I can suggest is to follow the guides but also we have to accept that not all piggies want to be picked up but whatever their character we just love them unconditionally

Back