• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Convince My Parents

Jack Nation

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi. New to this.

I' currently 16 years old and I had guinea pigs at 13. I took care of them very well but didn' do a lot of the cleaning.

This means my mum put them in a shelter.

I now feel I am ready again. I've done loads of research. I've looked after my cats and dog I currently have and cleaned and cooked to show I am responsible to be given another chance

Is there anything else I can do?

Hi. New to this.

I' currently 16 years old and I had guinea pigs at 13. I took care of them very well but didn' do a lot of the cleaning.

This means my mum put them in a shelter.

I now feel I am ready again. I've done loads of research. I've looked after my cats and dog I currently have and cleaned and cooked to show I am responsible to be given another chance

Is there anything else I can do?
Everyone deserves a second chance, sounds to me like u reallly want this, and that's great!

Always make sure your parents are willing to provide the best vet care for your pets, even if the cleaning out, feeding etc are your responsibility if you’re only 16 it’s very likely that your parents will be the ones paying vet bills and these can get pricey very quickly once a piggy gets ill. Good luck!

Maybe show your commitment by volunteering regularly at a shelter if there's one near you. A couple of hours a week would probably help a lot.

Welcome to the forum. As long as you are dependent on your parents you have to abide by their wishes.
Have you discussed this with them?
What do they say?
At 16 you may well be off to college or university in a couple of years.
Guinea pigs can live 5 - 8 years and have been known to reach 9 or 10.
What happens then?

If they don’t want the commitment of owning piggies have you thought about fostering?

Back