Cookie And Cupcakes New Cage Comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookiePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its a Skyline xxl its massive and I am so happy and so are they they spent all morning popcorning and running round its five times the size of their old one and almost as long as my bed!
I love how they reacted when they first saw all the space they have but i definately now need to buy them more toys, they have been out sooooo much today and running round its fantastic.

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My baby piggies (all grown up now) were just the same when I put them in the big cage! My cage is the same size, but was designed for bunnies, so the sides were much higher. Mine came with a stand on wheels.
It didn't have those handy blue , er, handles on the ends though. I only kept the roof on to hang the hay rack and water bottle on.

P.S. I really like your animal figurines!

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My baby piggies (all grown up now) were just the same when I put them in the big cage! My cage is the same size, but was designed for bunnies, so the sides were much higher. Mine came with a stand on wheels.
It didn't have those handy blue , er, handles on the ends though. I only kept the roof on to hang the hay rack and water bottle on.
i ended up not using the roof of ches and maisie's first cage - the trixie 150. i put c+c grids around it in the end! then decided it would just be easier to build a c+c and then it gradually got extended over time... and extended... :))

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its a Skyline xxl its massive and I am so happy and so are they they spent all morning popcorning and running round its five times the size of their old one and almost as long as my bed!
I love how they reacted when they first saw all the space they have but i definately now need to buy them more toys, they have been out sooooo much today and running round its fantastic.
aw they look so little and sweet :love::love::love: the cage they came with sounds seriously tiny! glad they have a bigger one now.

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i ended up not using the roof of ches and maisie's first cage - the trixie 150. i put c+c grids around it in the end! then decided it would just be easier to build a c+c and then it gradually got extended over time... and extended... :))
If I could have found some other way to hang up the rack and bottle, I would have taken the roof off altogether. It would have made cleaning out easier! I also took out the wire side panels and hung the cage on the top rungs of the stand. In the picture, you can see I have used the sides to make a play area for the pigs on the floor.

Looking at that link, I realise that my cage is actually bigger than that. Mine is approx 5 ft X 2 ft. I got mine from Zooplus, too, but I don't think they sell it any more.
004 (43).JPG

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If I could have found some other way to hang up the rack and bottle, I would have taken the roof off altogether. It would have made cleaning out easier! I also took out the wire side panels and hung the cage on the top rungs of the stand. In the picture, you can see I have used the sides to make a play area for the pigs on the floor.

Looking at that link, I realise that my cage is actually bigger than that. Mine is approx 5 ft X 2 ft. I got mine from Zooplus, too, but I don't think they sell it any more.
View attachment 27020
yes, the bottle was the nightmare after removing the sides and lid! :evil: hay was ok as i put it on the floor at that time. but that bottle! argh! :)) i ended up with a bike bottle holder strapped onto the bars and loads of cable ties! :doh: :))

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They look to be really loving that! Great cage for your beautiful piggies :love:

Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.