• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cookie

Magsramsay

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I recently bought cookie my gp for my daughter And she's started biting and tugging really hard on clothes she really fussy eater to and tends to stick to my daughter and me she still very young thou is this normal behavouir

Welcome

The link I’ve added below takes you to a collection of guides for new owners. There is one on biting in there.

Is Cookie alone or does she have another piggy to live with? Do be aware that guinea pigs are highly social herd animals and must be kept in pairs to prevent loneliness. Please do look to get her a friend as soon as possible if she is alone, doing this via the help of a rescue centre is best.

Two female piggies (you just check the sex of cookie to be sure she is female) require a cage of a minimum of 120cm x 60cm.

As long as she is eating plenty of hay then she will learn to how to veg in time. Piggies learn what is safe to eat from their mother and from each other. Ensure hay is available at all times, veg is kept limited and only introduced slowly if she is a young piggy who isn’t used to eating veg, and that pellets are kept limited to one tablespoon per day (don’t allow pellets to be available constantly)

The guides contain a lot of useful information!

We’d love to see some pictures of cookie!

New Owners' Most Helpful How-To Guides and Information

Hi and welcome. How old is she? She may be biting on your clothes because she’s confident enough to tell you when she wants to be put down or back in her cage.

:agr: With everything above as well.

Back