Coriander And Green Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax&Buddybear

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How much coriander and green beens should be fed to each piggy ?

Critter

Reaction score
Coriander, you can be quite generous with it. I use it as treats between meals for them :)
Green beens I would say no more than one per pig per day, but I hope that this is correct as that's what I do! If someone could confirm I'd be grateful too :)

PiggyOinkOink

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
1 sprig?! I don't buy it often though when I do (in large bunches) I give them quite a few sprigs between them each lol They would go bad before I even touched them with only 1 sprig each lol though I used to measure 6g each but since I get it so infrequently I don't bother.

Would you recommend the same (sprig) for parsley?

I've tried green beans once but mine nibbled a little then turned their noses up at them.

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
mine love green beans, I give each pig 2 twice a week. they only had coriander once and they weren't that keen on it, mad as I know it is yummy.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1 sprig?! I don't buy it often though when I do (in large bunches) I give them quite a few sprigs between them each lol They would go bad before I even touched them with only 1 sprig each lol though I used to measure 6g each but since I get it so infrequently I don't bother.

Would you recommend the same (sprig) for parsley?

I've tried green beans once but mine nibbled a little then turned their noses up at them.
We feed around 8 sprigs each around 3 times a week

Definitely less parsley though as higher in calcium. Parsley we only feed every other week

PiggyOinkOink

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
mine love green beans, I give each pig 2 twice a week. they only had coriander once and they weren't that keen on it, mad as I know it is yummy.
Mine aren't too hot on coriander either so I only give it every few weeks when I get a huge bunch for very little. They LOVE parsley though I am aware the calcium content is high so I buy that as infrequently too.

kim3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
MY piggies love green beans they 1 at each feed so 2 beans a day each - they are small fine green beans tho. I limit the parsley aswell because of the calcium but have found they like basil just as much. I did buy coriander but as u say the bunches are too big so most of it went bad. My parsley and basil are live herbs in pots on my kitchen windowsill so i might get a live coriander plant aswell.

Melanie07

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I never thought to try coriander with them, I'll give it a go! They go nuts for parsley though! Will try and limit that a bit, they won't like me for it though!

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never thought to try coriander with them, I'll give it a go! They go nuts for parsley though! Will try and limit that a bit, they won't like me for it though!
Yeah, we had to do this... Coriander proved a more than acceptable substitute.... however nothing matches ruby red gem lettuce :)) Food of the Gods apparently

Melanie07

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah, we had to do this... Coriander proved a more than acceptable substitute.... however nothing matches ruby red gem lettuce :)) Food of the Gods apparently
I tried them with ruby red gem lettuce today for the first time... it went down very well!

GloriousGuineaGirl

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine get a quarter of any color pepper, 3 green beans, 2 leaves of of mini gem romaine lettuce, and a quarter of cucumber each. Every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.