• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Corner litter tray?

koolkathan

Junior Guinea Pig
Can anyone help me? I've heard you can train your Cavys to use the litter trays? Well my Stan has one, he's done about 3 poos in it and that's it. I've placed it in his poo and wee corner too. When I put it down he crouched down then just kicks the sawdust everywhere and starts popcorning 😂

Seven7

Junior Guinea Pig
I designated in front of their hay rack to be their major “bathroom”, not that other places are unavailable for their bathroom needs.
I feel that in front of the hay rack is the High-Traffic area so I double the pee pads there.

koolkathan

Junior Guinea Pig
Stan only poos in one certain corner. I don't have him in a build my own cage. So I don't use pads. I only use like sawdust. He doesn't have a day rack as he refuses to use them haha. But thank you both!

flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Mine wee and poo where they eat, mostly ... Where they sleep gets a bit wet and poo covered as well. I use hay trays for feeding them and fleece cage liners for their bedroom area.