• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Coronavirus

I don't know if it can spread to animals yet (most people illnesses can't) but piggies live a rather isolated life apart from each other so it shouldn't be an issue for them. The only thing that could help is making plans of what you will do with your piggies if you have to evacuate or become quarantined as this may limit your ability to get supplies and you cannot just pack up and leave with their cage, bags of hay, hideys and everything in a backpack.

Sending you my best wishes, stay safe and do what you can to protect your mental health (I'm guessing there's nothing worse for anxiety than a break out of coronavirus).

The coronavirus is unfortunately spreading to my city too. All I can say is to remember to wash your hands thoroughly before and after touching the piggies, before and after using the toilet, before and after touching someone else, and before and after eating. You may even like to carry a mini bottle of hand sanitizer around. I'm not sure whether animals can catch this virus, but I hope not because pets are better than people 😂. Praying for your city 🤞

I don't know if it can spread to animals yet (most people illnesses can't) but piggies live a rather isolated life apart from each other so it shouldn't be an issue for them. The only thing that could help is making plans of what you will do with your piggies if you have to evacuate or become quarantined as this may limit your ability to get supplies and you cannot just pack up and leave with their cage, bags of hay, hideys and everything in a backpack.

Sending you my best wishes, stay safe and do what you can to protect your mental health (I'm guessing there's nothing worse for anxiety than a break out of coronavirus).
Yes

Yes I agree

I read online and it said it could infect bot animals and humans🙁

Hi- I think the concern has been more around live animal markets, stray animals and wild animals more than domestic pets but no particular event has been recorded (according to the world health organisation) for this strain even though it likely started in bats/snakes. There are a wide range of coronavirus strains (not just the current one...just like flu) This is what they said:
"There is currently no evidence that companion animals or pets such as dogs or cats can be infected with the new coronavirus," the WHO said.

Prudent just to be extra diligent with hygiene, routine health checks etc and review what the WHO say, not the media.

Hi- I think the concern has been more around live animal markets, stray animals and wild animals more than domestic pets but no particular event has been recorded (according to the world health organisation) for this strain even though it likely started in bats/snakes. There are a wide range of coronavirus strains (not just the current one...just like flu) This is what they said:
"There is currently no evidence that companion animals or pets such as dogs or cats can be infected with the new coronavirus," the WHO said.

Prudent just to be extra diligent with hygiene, routine health checks etc and review what the WHO say, not the media.
Definitly, the media exagorate massively, I mean, I've been waiting for snow for a year now ⛄

I talked to my brother about it he's an professional doctor he told me it's way too much overhyped by the media just so we watch their news and by that they ll get more viewers and so money.... Coronavirus isn't that dangerous and we absolutely do not need to be anxious but yes we should be alert though

Be thankful for Brexit as it at least takes some of the time off them talking about Coronarvirus. We have a lot of Chinese tourists and students here. I have noticed quite a few Chinese people wearing masks now walking round York. But an expert has advised that masks are not effective.

So coronavirus rumbles on... it seems to get closer & closer every day. Not sure what my thoughts are about it now - worried, not worried, should I be doing anything different.... who knows what to believe.

I think the best source is not online media outlets.... i heard of a school closing which is about 40 mins from me.... a bit too close for comfort but i believe some staff and pupils had recently returned from an Italian skiing trip..

How is it any worse than the flu, I bet most the deaths are old or already sick people with more serious problems. The flu takes lives aswell. I'm not worried now

Back