• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Coronavirus

I called to try and book one and they’re more concerned about my chest, said to call 111 and go down that route. I want to give it a few hours to see how my chest goes because I have heartburn and all kinds of stuff that this could be. Just not sure what to do
I'd call 111 if your feeling really poorly, they may be able to arrange for you to be seen by someone and have a test at the same time I'm not sure xx

The Health Service Journal has delivered the most positive scoop of the week, revealing NHS England’s draft plan to roll out Covid vaccines to all adults in England from January, and have all over-18s in England who want one vaccinated by April. Each vaccination requires two doses, taken 28 days apart. The NHS expects to deliver 7 million doses to 3.5 million people in December alone, followed by 4-5 million more every single week from January. The moonshot plan is to deliver 88.5 million vaccination doses – to over 44 million people – all by the end of April. The rollout timetable is as follows:

Care home residents and staff, healthcare workers – from the beginning of December;
Ages 80 plus – from mid-December;
Everyone aged 70-80 – from late December;
Everyone aged 65-70 – from early January;
All high and moderate risk under 65s – from early January;
Everyone aged 50-65 – from mid-January; and
Everyone aged 18-50 – from late January; but with the bulk of this group vaccinated during March.
Under the plan, every English over-18 who wants a vaccine will be vaccinated by April.

It’s exciting. I’ve filled in some forms to be part of the vaccinating team. Not sure if I can make it work though.

I’m on the Oxford study so I guess at some point soon I’ll be unblinded and find out what I had in the trial. I’ve got an appointment in a couple of weeks so I guess I’ll get an idea of what is going on.

My Mum tested positive a couple of days ago. She’s had to go into hospital today - as her oxygen levels went down to 83%; which is very low even for her. Sadly I can’t be with her but I did speak with her earlier and she seemed to be doing ok x
How is your Mum doing @smokeysmummy I hope she is well on the way to a full recovery x

Back