• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Coronavirus

Sorry I’ve been off site for a few days. Unfortunately my Mum passed away on Sunday 22nd at Leighton Hospital. I’m absolutely devastated but I’m glad she didn’t suffer. Thank you for asking x
So so sorry for your loss 💖 sending hugs xx

I have just been told to self isolate.
Now just trying to get my head around getting my primary aged child to school in the morning all while not leaving the house 😂

Were you in contact with a positive person? Good luck working out the logistics!

Were you in contact with a positive person? Good luck working out the logistics!

Yes, a child at the preschool I work at tested positive this morning so all of us staff and the vast majority of the children now have to isolate.

Good luck, I believe the children can isolate with you if you can't get them there, I'd be in the same situation if either me or one of kids had to isolate 🤦‍♀️ I'd be OK for drop off but couldn't do pick up, I once asked my oldest teacher and she said they could finish early 💖

Well, turns out it’s all change this morning! Our contact time was just outside of the 48 hours as confirmed by the proper authorities so we now don’t have isolate. Got to get my mind back into going to work for the rest of the term now!

Last edited:
Haha this really isn't funny but it's making me laugh. I had to order another covid test kit, went to do it today, and dropped the vial of liquid you're supposed to put your swab into. Had to ring up and be like "Yeah I screwed that up, I need another one." Only for the system to decide that I'd had a test ordered too recently so I can't have another one, and it took 25 minutes for it to make that decision. I felt bad for the bloke on the other end of the phone, it's not his fault, and he was very unimpressed with the decision.

Ah, well, 8 days of lockdown (I think it's counting from 10 rather than 14) to go. Oops.

My (primary) children will be taught online from Monday. Their school is in an area where schools are closing. Nothing from the eldest’s school yet (secondary). He goes back a week later than years 11 and 13. No news on my placement yet. I don’t know if the school I’m at is in an area where they’ll be closed. Hoping for good health for everyone.

Are all universities going online or just those in high risk areas @Marvel_piggie_squad
I didn’t pay enough attention as I was preparing to go out!

So far only some areas will close schools. My council was moved to 4 and schools are staying opened.
My daughter is secondary school, so it's Microsoft Teams for her, but I am doubtful about them going back. Their bubble is huge... Feel sorry for the teachers and principal.

I'm done. All classes cancelled now and we were finally able to start swimming in January 😭. Walk with brother's family cancelled, looks like I won't be seeing my niece or nephew anytime soon. So fed up of spending my maternity leave stuck at home

I'm done. All classes cancelled now and we were finally able to start swimming in January 😭. Walk with brother's family cancelled, looks like I won't be seeing my niece or nephew anytime soon. So fed up of spending my maternity leave stuck at home
Hugs! What a crap year it’s been for you! It should’ve been such a special and precious time xx

Did something change with the tier levels for the UK? I haven't seen anything mentioned in our news about what is going on in the UK right now other than the new variant of the virus.

Did something change with the tier levels for the UK? I haven't seen anything mentioned in our news about what is going on in the UK right now other than the new variant of the virus.
Yes, announcements were this afternoon. Changes to tiers for some areas and changes for schools/colleges 😔

How terrible! Our school has a virtual day on the 4th and then back to in person on the 5th. I do suspect they may shut down some schools since the infection rate has increased. I hope that they get the vaccine out to more people quickly!

Anybody else interested in smashing a coronavirus pinata with me?

Back