• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Coroplast Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLY

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi folks!
I don't know if it's already been posted but I need help! I currently have a 3x2 cage for my 2 sow piggies but I want to expand!
I rescued my pigs and the woman was nice enough to give me a 3x2 c&c cage for £20.
I managed to move stuff around and move my pigs into the spare room (keeping me up all night rummaging in their hay and wheeking!) and would like to try and make my cage a 4x2 cage with a 1x2 loft. I can get the loft pre-made at candcguineapigcages but they do not sell coroplast bases.

So my question is... where can I get 4x2 coroplast bases? I am not very good at DIY and don't have a lot of patience to fiddle around with the coroplast! Even if I could get the coroplast in the measurements and then cut it to the correct shape I can do that!

Thanks!

Proud piggy slave to Flora and Fauna!

20170310_230352.jpg

Antinox sheets from Wicks are 2mm thick. I used them to expand my cage and then reduced it back to a 2x8 whenI had issues cleaning it out.

You will have to measure and cut to the desired size however

Antinox sheets from Wicks are 2mm thick. I used them to expand my cage and then reduced it back to a 2x8 whenI had issues cleaning it out.

You will have to measure and cut to the desired size however
Are they pretty high at the sides? My coroplast comes quite high so they can't throw stuff out the cage!

I've changed the cage around slightly since that picture was taken (this was when I first got them). But you can see how high the coroplast comes up.

20170204_213014.jpg

It comes in huge, flat sheets for about £4.50. We had to roll it up to fit in the car, but it only comes in black.

You would have to measure out and cut what you need, but you could use a part of your current base as a template to draw around, including the sides.

I bought my loft from the C&C cage company, but they are not cheap!

I also use coroplast from Wicks, really good. I use fleece, and don't usually put up coroplast sides unless the pigs are small enough to fit their heads through the gaps of the grids (and even then lol I just add sides seperately -cutting a long piece then cutting as I go to fit in the cage- rather than measure as I'm horrible with things like that). Same with base/floor, it's covered by fleece so if the ends are a bit jaggered it doesn't really matter. If they're kicking stuff out of the cage, I just put the fleece up a bit higher than measuring lol

Grids you can get online also. I got quite a few of mine off Amazon or eBay rather than on the uk c&c company as did find them quite expensive, especially for three pigs who have a bigger cage. I'll look around for links if wanted, some members might note some down if they reply to this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: KLY
I got mine from eBay I believe, pretty cheap too. Just gotta work out approx dimensions and then you score and cut to size with a box knife. Then you fold it into a box shape and tape the sides with weather proof tape and tadaa! It's easier than it sounds I promise! Also I scored enough for the sides to be 6 inches high, very good size sides. All to take into account in the measuring :)

I got grids from Wayfair.com as they're usually on sale, cheapest I got was 20 grids for £25 and that made the base for my original 2x4. Although it's marketed as shoe storage, as if I had money for shoes! That's hay money :))

I also use coroplast from Wicks, really good. I use fleece, and don't usually put up coroplast sides unless the pigs are small enough to fit their heads through the gaps of the grids (and even then lol I just add sides seperately -cutting a long piece then cutting as I go to fit in the cage- rather than measure as I'm horrible with things like that). Same with base/floor, it's covered by fleece so if the ends are a bit jaggered it doesn't really matter. If they're kicking stuff out of the cage, I just put the fleece up a bit higher than measuring lol

Grids you can get online also. I got quite a few of mine off Amazon or eBay rather than on the uk c&c company as did find them quite expensive, especially for three pigs who have a bigger cage. I'll look around for links if wanted, some members might note some down if they reply to this thread
Some links would be great! I don't really need a lot of c&c grids as I already have the majority of the c&c grids! I know that store is expensivw but it seems like the only place I can get separate c&c grids... technically I only really need 2 grids :)

I am surprised to hear you say that candcguineapigcages don't sell coroplast bases. I have adapted and changed my c and c cage a few times and always been able to get exactly what I needed from them. I recently bought a 2x2 coroplast base so that I could extend and have bought random grids and things from them as well. Have you tried emailing them and asking for a quote? They have always seemed happy to sell me whatever combination of things I wanted.

Some links would be great! I don't really need a lot of c&c grids as I already have the majority of the c&c grids! I know that store is expensivw but it seems like the only place I can get separate c&c grids... technically I only really need 2 grids :)
I just bought grids of amazon :) just type c&c cage in xx

Grids are more expensive than I remember, I think I got 60 grids for £30 in 2014/15. I don't have anymore grid sources to add, but have you considered the plastic type instead? They connect like grids do, but don't have spaces however for piggies to see through.

The grids I had from Amazon are slightly wider than the grids used by the C&C cage company, so they don't fit in to the connectors properly

If you ask for a custom order, C and C guinea pig cages should be able to make the base for you, but you will have to arrange it over email. They do sell a premade 4 by 2 cage as well. I ordered a custom loft and ramp from them, without the grids.

I am surprised to hear you say that candcguineapigcages don't sell coroplast bases. I have adapted and changed my c and c cage a few times and always been able to get exactly what I needed from them. I recently bought a 2x2 coroplast base so that I could extend and have bought random grids and things from them as well. Have you tried emailing them and asking for a quote? They have always seemed happy to sell me whatever combination of things I wanted.
It's not guineapigcages.com, it's a different site. I emailed them last week and they said they only sell what they have on their website...
I tried on guineapigcages but it wont let me choose my address to deliver it to....

Some advice would be great!

I bought my Corex At a sign writing shop in Ayr. And when I extended I just used duct tape to connect an extra bit of corex onto the end of the existing tray. As I didn't want to waste a 4x2 worth of corex. (I went from a 4x2 to 4x6.)

It might be easier just to add another sheet if you're not fussed about measurements, they're also easy in money right now at Wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back