• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Correx Size Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby8125

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I am just in the process of buying 2 of the 6 by 2 c and c cages and one 5 x 2 with a loft. I need to get the Correx for the cages but I'm having real trouble with the 6 x 2 cages. The cages are 88 inches long and 31 inches wide (as near as) and I have been told to get the Correx 6 inches extra all round for the sides of the cage but that makes the Correx needing to be 100 inches in length and 43 inches wide. I can get Correx which is the norm 8ft by 4ft sheets but that only makes it a length of 96 inches. Can anyone tell me wether they have these cages and have managed to get the right sized Correx or do people add any extra Correx to the side and attaching it

All help gratefully received assurances

Thanks

That sounds like outside measurements of the cage. Normal grids are 14", so a 2x6 is around 28" x 84". A 4x8 ft sheet is enough for a 2x6 cage. When you build, you have to measure inside the grid frame. If you use connectors, you have to leave a little gap so your tray doesn't sit on the connectors.
Here's an instruction on how to build.
How to Make a Guinea Pig Cage - Cubes and Coroplast (C&C)

Remember, measure twice, cut once.
Account for the thickness of your correx. When you fold them all up, they take away from the total measurement. On the instruction page, the base for 2x6 is 27" x84". If you don't use connectors, the long side will be a little shorter, maybe at 83". Anyways, put the frame together and measure before you cut the correx.

All my C&C pens have three inch high walls, about two grid squares high. I like my piggies to be able to see out and be able to talk to their neighbors.

That's great thanks lissie your help is much appreciated and is perfect with the link attached and thanks dindypig at least I know that it can be lower and work so thankyou both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back