Cost Hike Of C&c Cage Grids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just looked online to see how much the Cage grids go for to make up our C&C Cages, the prices of the Grids seem to go up year after year, almost inline with property prices. This is really sad for anyone wishing to put together a C&C Cage or even extend thier existing one. Last june Costco was selling a 8 cube pack in white for £14 and they were very high quality with the wire being slightly thicker and stronger than the previous ones I purchased, I would love to get some more, but sadly I just couldn't afford it now
img_kaBOC4ADq5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: A&T

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Maybe its because they've realised people are using them to make animal cages now, and not just for storage boxes?
Everything goes up but ours wages never do! :(

PPO

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I looked everywhere and couldn't find any which you'd class as cheap. In the end I got two packs from Wayfair which came to the best part of £60 :td: Since I bought them on Sunday they've gone up by £5.

Toffeewoffee

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh what i shame, i have some spare black grids if your interested, pm me x

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I managed to buy 4 packs from Costco and see people selling the exact same brand online at the time for £29, in total I've brought 6 packs to make my C&C. If I see them again at Costco I'll be sure to tell everyone!

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I'm glad when I ordered mine last year that I over ordered and ended up with 90 grids at £25 for 30, as now I have quite a few to play with and don't have to battle the stupid prices.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good for you Flutterby, I was going to extend mine, But I'm kinda thinking I'm happy with mine now... I'm thinking BIGGER Cage = More fleece blankets, towels and washing :hmm:

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Haha, yes that definitely true! I am constantly washing and changing fleece and towels!

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@Flutterby At the moment I'm laying down 3 levels of newspaper, 3 towels, and 2 doubled over fleece blankets... I do the same both sides for Tubby & Dom. I wash the fleece blankets with a lighter Fairy washing machine liquid & the towels in a separate wash with Persil, this is fine and easy for me, but I wouldn't want anymore than this as it would mean a 3rd load.

RexandGizmo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is why we built our own. The c&c look cool but UK sourced ones are expensive (we searched a lot). We got a cage that fits the space exactly and is slightly larger that a pre set c&c for almost the same price.
C&c grids would have been a lot easier though :P

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@RexandGizmo really nice to hear you have a Piggie house taylor made to fit your living quarters, sometimes the easiest way isn't always the best :tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.