• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Coughing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaderKenobi

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 male guinea pigs 5 months old. One if them is making what I can describe as a seal cough that doesn't sound like a usual cough! I'm just wondering if it's a cough or not as it sounds like hes choking at the same time but not both guinea pigs make this noise so I didn't know if it's just a noise he makes! Sorry for being confusing I'm just worried these are my first pets.
Thank you :)

Hiya and :wel:!
I think the kind of cough you are describing is like a choking cough when something has gone down the wrong way! My avatar piggy (Poppy) has done it before and I thought she was vomiting! I don't think this is anything to worry about! Hope this helps!:)

Last edited:
Thank you for replying!
So is it nothing to worry about? He only does it once every so often every few days.

Does it happen during or fairly soon after a meal? In that case it is down to greedy eating.

I haven't really noticed he runs around that fast it's hard to notice but the last time it happened he was out of his house but close to his food so it is possible but I'm not 100% sure

I haven't really noticed he runs around that fast it's hard to notice but the last time it happened he was out of his house but close to his food so it is possible but I'm not 100% sure

If you are in doubt, it is of course always good to have your boy vet checked.
We have got a piggy savvy vet locator for our UK members on the top bar.

With members from all over the world, we find it very helpful if you added your country, state or (for the UK) your county or city, so we can always tailor our advice and recommendations to what is available/possible in your part of the world straight away. Please click on your username on the top bar, then go personal details and scroll down to location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back