• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Coughs (of course)

Lorcan

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
So I've had a persistent "need to clear my throat" cough for months. I've always said it started before the pandemic did, because it did, but it leaves me with a bit of an issue because it's getting worse. Now, I'm on medication that makes the fact it's getting worse completely benign in any other circumstances. Six months I'd've thought nothing of it. But of course I need to meet with the social worker on Tuesday and I have to visit my GP surgery on Friday with a cough that's getting on my nerves.

So, it's dry coughs that are the problem with Covid-19, right? Because I definitely don't have a dry cough. I feel fine in every other respect but my throat needs clearing frequently enough it's getting noticeable.

Thank you. I'm good on the coughing front, it's irritating but also to be expected with the medication so I've gotta suck it up lol.

If you worried . . Which I would be.
Check the govt information site . . And you allowed to ask for a test . . :nod:

If you worried . . Which I would be.
Check the govt information site . . And you allowed to ask for a test . . :nod:
Even if I could get a test it wouldn't be done by Tuesdays appointment, and that appointment needs to happen. I don't even know if I could get hold of her to swap it for a telephone appointment before Tuesday, her office is a tad chaotic right now for obvious reasons.

If you’re on medication for other conditions, it could make you cough. Check the contraindications in your medicine pack. My meds give me a slight dry cough.

My Husband has had the same problem for years, constantly feels congested and needs to clear his throat often.

He does also snore really badly so not sure if this is also a contributing factor!

Back