• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Could someone take a look at my pigs feet please (pics attached)

Hughismypig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So one of my pigs, Humbug, died suddenly three days ago. Naturally, I've now become very health conscious about the pig Humbug left behind, Hugh (don't worry, I will be bringing in some new friends for Hugh soon).

I've only just learned about bumblefoot really, and whilst I don't suspect it had anything to do with Humbug's sudden death, I am - rationally or not - now worried about the prospect for Hugh. Trouble is, I don't actually know what the bottom of a Guinea Pig's foot is supposed to look like. I don't see soreness or scabs or anything like that, but my eye is untrained. Could you guys please look at the attached picture and let me know if you see issues on Hugh's feet?

(For some reason, I am unable to attach an image - there is no 'upload a file' option next to 'post thread', as in the instructions. I will post an image as a reply to this thread).

Thanks all.

Hmm, uploading a file still not possible, even in the replies... anybody know why that would be?

I am very sorry for your loss of Humbug :( If you look in the left hand corner, you will see an ‘Attach files’ button (opposite the ‘Post reply’ button). Click on that and you should be able to attach a photo from there. Bumble foot is swollen foot pads and open sores though so if Hugh doesn’t have any of these, I doubt he has bumble foot

So one of my pigs, Humbug, died suddenly three days ago. Naturally, I've now become very health conscious about the pig Humbug left behind, Hugh (don't worry, I will be bringing in some new friends for Hugh soon).

I've only just learned about bumblefoot really, and whilst I don't suspect it had anything to do with Humbug's sudden death, I am - rationally or not - now worried about the prospect for Hugh. Trouble is, I don't actually know what the bottom of a Guinea Pig's foot is supposed to look like. I don't see soreness or scabs or anything like that, but my eye is untrained. Could you guys please look at the attached picture and let me know if you see issues on Hugh's feet?

(For some reason, I am unable to attach an image - there is no 'upload a file' option next to 'post thread', as in the instructions. I will post an image as a reply to this thread).

Thanks all.

Hi

When you type a post, you can see the button for Attach files underneath the post on the left. This is the best way for uploading pictures as not all formats are supported by this forum.

You can find pictures of feet in the information link here: Guinea Lynx :: Pododermatitis

Please be aware that bumblefoot is actually not all that common in well kept guinea pigs and that it takes quite a while before foot infection gets so bad that it gets into the bones and becomes fatal. You could not have missed the open sores and swollen feet of an advanced foot infection, I promise you!

Back