Cover For Ryedale Hutches

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
If you are going for outside hutches and they won't be house additionally in a shed at winter or outhouse, then you will definitely need hutch hugger insulator and outer cover, I would also invest in battery touch lights, plus cozy beds, hay boxes and a couple of snuggle safes. If you can, go for the frame for the hutch to sit on, it will help you clearing out, for easiness on the back etc. plus any damp rising from the ground.

It does look like it will fit, I'll have to do some maths.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thanks for that @Mother Hubbard.
I feel like I'm in a rush with getting them so they're settled (outside) before it starts getting cool. Because more likely than not the guinea pigs will have been inside most of the time. So I'm starting to think maybe I should postpone till next year when it starts to warm up Not what I wanted at all but I don't want to rush and most of all, cause issues with the pigs.....it would also give me time to save for a good hutch. I don't know what others think.....

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
If your piggies have always been indoors, then I would very much ensure they are settled in a shed with extra heating. It's not necessarily the cold - yes the cold isn't great, but frankly for me it's always a battle with the damp weather. I have some hutches, and they are given everything I can throw at them to ensure they are warm.

snuggles safes day and night and of course extra covers over the front of hutches and I have cages ready for seriously bad weather, and their carry cases ready in the event of an emergency too. You never know.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Very true @Mother Hubbard we have a shed which I'd like to clear out some so they can go in there when the weather's particularly bad. I saved the thread for outside pigs and keeping them warm so will have a read through. I guess I'm scared of making a mistake! It's my first time owning a pet and I just want to do the best I can. Thanks again.