Covert Operation In Progress To Extend My Cage Even Further

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyface:)

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am sure those of you that have seen the commercial cage thread recently have seen my latest project of extending my Skyline Maxi XLCage - so now that the folding run panels are attached my cage measures 157cm long - a whopping 37 more than before!
revised cage.webp
AS I have two boars they can do will all the space they can get, so now I have sussed out that by sneakily sliding the right hand extension out as far as the panel will go I will end up with cage measuring over 170cm in length - my boys will love that! But don't want to cheese of the OH by taking up even more room than I already have too quickly, so am going to do it in stages - a few cms a day should do it and then he shouldn't notice ...........so watch this space :lol:

I'd just do it, then pretend it was that length all along!

ha ha! :clap:so true

its amazing what a well place throw can do on top of the end of the cage to make it LOOK the same length - and as our new kitten has decided the top right part is now her day bed (only when I am working in the kitchen at the PC) then I can make it look more like its that causing the difference - the fact the boys can run round the under part is just a coincidence..................:D

:nod: think I will open up the left side of the cage to match the right - pop in another plastic box and fence of with the remaining panels of the run like before - that way the boys will have the whole of the original cage to run about and the other sides to forage and snooze - :bal: time to create a diversion.....

Sounds like a well thought out plan... I always have my back up plan to get what I want and that's pulling my better half on every last thing she buys, she hates it and always gives in to me :yahoo:

NOTICE FOR MODERATORS:
This post must be taken down if my wife joins the forum!

Last edited:
I am sure those of you that have seen the commercial cage thread recently have seen my latest project of extending my Skyline Maxi XLCage - so now that the folding run panels are attached my cage measures 157cm long - a whopping 37 more than before!
View attachment 22052
AS I have two boars they can do will all the space they can get, so now I have sussed out that by sneakily sliding the right hand extension out as far as the panel will go I will end up with cage measuring over 170cm in length - my boys will love that! But don't want to cheese of the OH by taking up even more room than I already have too quickly, so am going to do it in stages - a few cms a day should do it and then he shouldn't notice ...........so watch this space :lol:

We has the same fleece, woo! haha, I just did the boys cage, looks like a right pimp pad! haha!

Looks good what you've done :D!

I have discovered that the less I say when doing something the more I get away with - whereas when I first got the boys inside I thought it best to announce everything I was doing ahead of doing it -
so I wont do that this time - once I've done it, it will take months, years maybe for him to notice and even then I will just say the only change is that I shortened it :D:crazy:

We has the same fleece, woo! haha, I just did the boys cage, looks like a right pimp pad! haha!

Looks good what you've done :D!
I know! I think I need to add some blingy stuff, a few gold chains, and put the cage up on those hydraulic things that american cars have so the cage bounces along to music. :cool:

Do you think this same method could apply to me getting more piggies? haha!
:whistle:I think it could - before I got my boys I knew about the ratio of males to females etc and now that I have two rescue males I am unable to sneak in anymore unless I want to build a whole new cage somewhere else - and I think he WOULD notice that! :nod:

I know! I think I need to add some blingy stuff, a few gold chains, and put the cage up on those hydraulic things that american cars have so the cage bounces along to music. :cool:
image.webp
I think I might get black correx as I got my black grids today hahaha... ;)
Look so much better!

So is it just the two boys you have?

Sneaky! I like it! :whistle:
I can't get away with doing the same as their cage is in the living room and he would definitely notice. Mainly because of the bad language involved when working with correx!

View attachment 22082
Look so much better!

Don't your piggies pull back your fleece and go under it?! I'm jealous. I have to peg theirs all round the sides because if i don't they climb under it as soon as my backs turned and end up covered in pee and poo by the time i spot the little balls sliding along underneath with their wee nails clacking, haha

Don't your piggies pull back your fleece and go under it?! I'm jealous. I have to peg theirs all round the sides because if i don't they climb under it as soon as my backs turned and end up covered in pee and poo by the time i spot the little balls sliding along underneath with their wee nails clacking, haha
Nope :o they used to when I used fleece and towel. Haha!

View attachment 22082
Look so much better!

you cant beat the leopard print!

Just the two boys, my avatar is the pics the rescue sent me before I went to adopt them - I have two daughters so its great being able to make the cage for them as I am a total tom-boy myself! :lol!:

Cage liners from Ziggy's Piggies, they are amazing :)

Yip - the liner is so thick and sturdy it would be tricky for them to go under - I love that you can just take out the tunnels etc and just lift up the who liner and let everything drop off into the base and then after a quick brush up the liner is down again - nice and easy!

There are lots of other great cage liner sellers out there too, which members will recommend, its just Ziggies was the first one to be recommended to me when I was having all sorts of problems trying to use my own fleece and towels and I am so impressed I will be ordering more from her. :)

you cant beat the leopard print!

Just the two boys, my avatar is the pics the rescue sent me before I went to adopt them - I have two daughters so its great being able to make the cage for them as I am a total tom-boy myself! :lol!:
You can't its so fancy! Especially for boys ;)! Haha

Awwwh that's nice :') and a good excuse as well!

I found the correx quite fun, but then... I only got to do the measuring out, I wans't allowed to do the rest :( hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back