• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Craig’sList Guinea Pigs

BoredBellaaa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, while scrolling through Craigslist I found an ad for a Guinea Pig, he was very poorly taken care of, no hay, in a small Kaytee cage, and he was a single guinea pig for sale. No toys, hides, water or food source. I contacted the owner very politely with a long paragraph advising them to sell the piggie to a home where he can have a large cage and another piggie with him. Apparently he has already found a home, and the person wasn’t really the nicest. Goes to show how some people don’t care about the guinea pigs wellbeing:(. Hopefully he is being better cared for now. I blocked out the persons number for their own safety and privacy.E753CF5D-AA74-4FEF-8F12-749F4CB29E1F.jpeg

My Lulu was from craigslist. the lady apparently was selling her for a friend. she was in a tiny cage but seemed well cared for. after a vet visit about 6 weeks later (covid) we found out she had a raging ear infection and was getting over bumblefoot. both of which the vet guessed she had when we got her.

shes doing much better and is a happy girl. shes the sweetest thing. when i look on CL, i always see piggies for sale bc the owner "doesnt have time for them" how much time do they require

My Lulu was from craigslist. the lady apparently was selling her for a friend. she was in a tiny cage but seemed well cared for. after a vet visit about 6 weeks later (covid) we found out she had a raging ear infection and was getting over bumblefoot. both of which the vet guessed she had when we got her.

shes doing much better and is a happy girl. shes the sweetest thing. when i look on CL, i always see piggies for sale bc the owner "doesnt have time for them" how much time do they require
Yes, it’s really sad :(. One day I might get another piggie from CL. It’s just so hard to resist since there are so many piggies in CL every day that people don’t want anymore. And I’m so happy you have Lulu, I’m sure she is a good piggie. Congrats on rescuing her!

I was desperate to get a single boy from Pets4Homes. I had named him in my head and was planning to get him neutered and get him a girlfriend, but the seller never replied. I was gutted!

I was desperate to get a single boy from Pets4Homes. I had named him in my head and was planning to get him neutered and get him a girlfriend, but the seller never replied. I was gutted!
Aw :( that absolutely terrible I’m so sorry. Can’t imagine the pain :(. I hope your doing better now❤️

Aw :( that absolutely terrible I’m so sorry. Can’t imagine the pain :(. I hope your doing better now❤

Yes thank you ☺️ It was a little while ago now, and I’ve since got my boys who I love to pieces. But I do sometimes hope the other little lad got a good home.

If only we could take them all........but I guess when we take on our rescue pigs we are doing the little bit we can and giving at least them the life they deserve 🙂

Yes thank you ☺ It was a little while ago now, and I’ve since got my boys who I love to pieces. But I do sometimes hope the other little lad got a good home.
Of course, and I’m happy that you have two boars now! I sure do hope also that the other little guy you wanted got a good home.

If only we could take them all........but I guess when we take on our rescue pigs we are doing the little bit we can and giving at least them the life they deserve 🙂
Yes, exactly correct! 😊

Back