Crazy Hour Every Night. Quiet During The Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetJo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

I got my two baby girls on Thursday. As expected they have been quiet and spend most of their time hiding away.

I have been surprised at how little activity there is during the day. I poo-pick at 8am, then again at 6pm. After work I come home to find half a dozen poos in their toilet area, the rest are in wherever they have been hiding. There is always some veggies left in their bowl.

After the evening clean and lap/floor time they seem to come alive. So three nights in a row now they have been doing laps of their cage and eating between 8-9pm. In the morning there are loads and loads of poos and wees in their toilet area.

I know all pigs are different. I got mine from P@H so I don't know if they are quiet during the day cause that's when people would be peering in their cage. P@H shuts at 8 (I think), so maybe they've got into the routine of when everyone goes home, they come out to play. Would that make sense or am I looking into this too much :roll:

Buzz_N_Oreo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey! You posted this a while ago but I have just found it via Google so thought I'd reply! My piggies are exactly the same. In the day they are very quite, and spend most of their day hiding away but come night time they are very active!

GloriousGuineaGirl

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two boys are in the same routine as I. Awake from 6am out playing /eating distribution of millions of poops until approx 9 pm at veggie time then they sleep. :)

As soon as my alarm goes off at 6 am they screech for food and then again about 8.30 they start. Haha

Wendy14

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two girls are very active at night. They do come out from under the hay during the day for some food and a run around the cage but from about 7pm they come"alive"

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A lot of pigs have a 'dusk and dawn' kind of cycle. Mine are up and lively in the early morning (when they get their hay) and again in the evening (when they get their treats and there are more people around.) Between about 9 and dinner, they putter around a bit but are largely intermittently dozing and occasionally eating. I'm not sure if it's just a natural circadian rhythm or if it coincides with the activity in the house (they are more boisterous in the morning and late afternoon/evening when the kids are home and there is more noise and activity and quieter when it's just me working at my desk all day.) They also definitely know when the food is delivered and are very bouncy for those times!

Shades

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A lot of pigs have a 'dusk and dawn' kind of cycle. Mine are up and lively in the early morning (when they get their hay) and again in the evening (when they get their treats and there are more people around.) Between about 9 and dinner, they putter around a bit but are largely intermittently dozing and occasionally eating. I'm not sure if it's just a natural circadian rhythm or if it coincides with the activity in the house (they are more boisterous in the morning and late afternoon/evening when the kids are home and there is more noise and activity and quieter when it's just me working at my desk all day.) They also definitely know when the food is delivered and are very bouncy for those times!
Snap!

Status
Not open for further replies.