• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Crippling anxiety

The one & only. I think with my friends - some of them I don't think would even be able to begin to understand. Before the friends I had told some things, dropped me when it was convenient & better people came along so I'm wary of telling things to people now.

I know how you feel as I’ve been there myself but I’ve learned that anybody who can drop you like that aren’t real friends. Real friends are there through thick and thin and will always listen to you even if they don’t quite know what to say.

I can't stand fairweather friends! To me a friend is a friend and is there through thick and thin and helps you through the bad times and celebrates the good times. Maybe that's why I have so few friends!

I know how you feel as I’ve been there myself but I’ve learned that anybody who can drop you like that aren’t real friends. Real friends are there through thick and thin and will always listen to you even if they don’t quite know what to say.

I no longer cross oceans for people that wouldn't jump in a puddle for me. I have my inner circle & other friends are outside my walls.

Done my readings. Both arms, both high. Apart from being tired I feel fine. I don't feel like I have white coat syndrome, I feel I may have do it yourself syndrome! Is there anything I can do to bring it down?

I no longer cross oceans for people that wouldn't jump in a puddle for me. I have my inner circle & other friends are outside my walls.

Done my readings. Both arms, both high. Apart from being tired I feel fine. I don't feel like I have white coat syndrome, I feel I may have do it yourself syndrome! Is there anything I can do to bring it down?

Just try and relax as much as possible although I know that’s easier said than done

Just try and relax as much as possible although I know that’s easier said than done

I've actually felt quite relaxed last couple of days, I don't really know why with this going on!

I've only done 3 readings, on a night usually just before my bedtime drink (at my age!) Mum tells me not to worry, its just a number & will help in the long run with any diagnosing etc & thats how I'm trying to see it. The first day I did both arms the second arm numbers went through the roof & I don't know if there is that much difference or it was because I got wound up about the first reading. I will do both arms over weekend just to see & both am/pm. I've a bit of a headache but feel tired as its now end of my working week.

Hope everyone has a relaxed Easter weekend.

I've actually felt quite relaxed last couple of days, I don't really know why with this going on!

I've only done 3 readings, on a night usually just before my bedtime drink (at my age!) Mum tells me not to worry, its just a number & will help in the long run with any diagnosing etc & thats how I'm trying to see it. The first day I did both arms the second arm numbers went through the roof & I don't know if there is that much difference or it was because I got wound up about the first reading. I will do both arms over weekend just to see & both am/pm. I've a bit of a headache but feel tired as its now end of my working week.

Hope everyone has a relaxed Easter weekend.

All the best and your mum is right. Happy Easter to you too x

20 BP readings on half of them are above the numbers I was told to ring back at. 12 attempts this morning to get through to be greeted by another unhelpful receptionist who barely listened to what I said & then told me she'd put me on the list for a doctor call back after 4pm today. I've been fine all weekend, I had one dizzy spell at the end of last week, at the time I didn't think anything of it but now I've worked it up to something big. As I'm not speaking to the nurse I spoke to last week but a doctor & I haven't seen a doctor or been to the local doctors for a long time so no idea who any of them are, I'm a little anxious. I'm hoping none of this stops my driving lessons as my instructor has been in touch about hopefully starting lessons again soon.

20 BP readings on half of them are above the numbers I was told to ring back at. 12 attempts this morning to get through to be greeted by another unhelpful receptionist who barely listened to what I said & then told me she'd put me on the list for a doctor call back after 4pm today. I've been fine all weekend, I had one dizzy spell at the end of last week, at the time I didn't think anything of it but now I've worked it up to something big. As I'm not speaking to the nurse I spoke to last week but a doctor & I haven't seen a doctor or been to the local doctors for a long time so no idea who any of them are, I'm a little anxious. I'm hoping none of this stops my driving lessons as my instructor has been in touch about hopefully starting lessons again soon.

I agree with @Sweet Potato. It’s good that you’re speaking to a doctor. Look at it as a positive. It shouldn’t stop your driving lessons x

@Sar it's realy good that you are going to speak to a Dr. Unfortunately stress and anxiety puts BP up and you have had a very stressful time recently. If it's decided by the Dr that your BP is too high he/she will talk you through ways to reduce it, you may be given tablets to help keep it at a reasonable level. I've taken tablets for years with no ill effects, you will get regular checks to make sure you are taking the right strength for you. My check is now down to once a year. It may be that once your life is less stressful your BP returns to normal.

Spoke to a lovely doctor, she made my day by saying I was "very young", I know she was talking about BP related problems but I've been feeling pretty ancient recently so it made me smile. Annoyed though that she asked if I'd dropped a copy of my readings off - if I'd have been told that this morning I could have taken them down as I've walked past to go to the supermarket. She wants to work out the average of them & will then discuss with me any next steps. She mentioned blood tests ☹ she was quite positive on the phone. I'm hoping it comes to nothing as I try and look after myself best I can. We'll see.

Spoke to a lovely doctor, she made my day by saying I was "very young", I know she was talking about BP related problems but I've been feeling pretty ancient recently so it made me smile. Annoyed though that she asked if I'd dropped a copy of my readings off - if I'd have been told that this morning I could have taken them down as I've walked past to go to the supermarket. She wants to work out the average of them & will then discuss with me any next steps. She mentioned blood tests ☹ she was quite positive on the phone. I'm hoping it comes to nothing as I try and look after myself best I can. We'll see.
Is your pulse abnormal, as well?

All the best with getting the readings. At least your doctor is taking you seriously and you’re heading in the right direction x

Reactions: Sar
Is your pulse abnormal, as well?

No that's been fine. To be fair I haven't taken much notice of that number really. My reading have been much lower last few days so now I'm a little worried that the higher readings from last weekend will skew the average... could only happen to me!

Back