• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Crumbly Poo

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pigs have had crumbly poo for a while, so I took them off veggies for 48 hours, it went back to normal. I slowly introduced them but it’s back, I gave them coriander and it’s still come back. They don’t like herbs that much either, corianders okay but they prefer veggies. Anyone recommend what to slowly introduce them with?

Herbs are the best thing. Perhaps you could try rosemary, basil, mint or something else like that. When you say crumbly are they soft when you squash them? Do they have the pointy end?

Herbs are the best thing. Perhaps you could try rosemary, basil, mint or something else like that. When you say crumbly are they soft when you squash them? Do they have the pointy end?
I do have herbs in the garden. Can they be given fresh? The poo just looks moist and it crumbles when I sweep it. I’m not sure what you mean by pointy end 😅

They can go tear drop shaped, that’s what siikibam means.

Older poops will crumble as they dry out. Fresh poops are moist but that’s not the same thing as the soft poops for a gut disturbance.
Could you post a picture of them?

They can go tear drop shaped, that’s what siikibam means.

Older poops will crumble as they dry out. Fresh poops are moist but that’s not the same thing as the soft poops for a gut disturbance.
Could you post a picture of them?
I clear out their poops everyday, I’ve already done it today so I’ll have to wait a bit. The poops weren’t fresh. Their poops are moist, dark and crumbly. Teddy’s are mostly a mix of dark and normal brown even when dry. But he’s been on medication for a while so I’m not sure if that plays a part in anything. Thank you for replying.

Back