• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Crunchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
One of my oldest piggies (3 years) I have at the minute died tonight. My mum noticed something was wrong when she gave the piggies grass and 4 piggies out of 5 piggies came out for the grass so my mum opened the bedding bit and noticed Crunchie lying there looking lifeless.

My mum rushed her to the vets and when she got in Crunchie looked worse so the receptionist asked the people who were in the waiting room if my mum could go in first so they all said she could and the vet said she thinks Crunchie has a twisted gut. She also said that Crunchie was blind in both eyes. My mum signed all the papers to keep her in and do what they could but they rang us up and said that Crunchie had passed on.

I have been really upset tonight. Crunchie was one of the piggies I bred in the past and had babies with Mr Tiggy. She lived with her 2 daughters Millie, Demon and her friend who also dieds two children Leah and Priya.

Here is a pigture of my little princess who is now with my baby Fluffy and other past piggies.

crunchieismine.jpg

We are picking her up tomorrow morning. I just wish there was something I could have done for her.

oh, I'm so so sorry! i can imagine what pain you must feel. you are in my mind. i hope you feel better. if there is anything i could do lemme know.

xx jo

Thanks Jo.

I just wish there was something more I could do. I love her so so much. I remember when Fluffy died Crunchie became my next close friend. Recently I haven't been as close as I was but that doesn't mean that I didn't love her just as much.

I'm so very sorry darling. Giving you a great big hug and loadsa love. You know where I am if you want to chat.
I know how it feels, really I do.

Thinking of you

Rest In Peace Crunchie, you are sadly missed.

xx Kelly xx

Ellie, my love, I am so desperately sorry and sad to hear this. Crunchie was a gorgeous pig and very very loved. I know what you are going through - there is nothing I can say to help; just know I am thinking of you.x

Sleep tight darling Crunchie. Your mummy misses you so much
x

(((((ELLIE)))))

So sorry to hear Crunchie has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

You need to talk you know where I am.

RIP little Crunchie. Oscar and Barney McGrew will look after you now.

Michele

Thanks all. I feel so bad though because I don't see the piggies that live outside at my mum's as much as I do as her indoor ones. Its just sometimes I quickly go to my mums so I see all the ones that live inside or if its not nice weather I think "I'll see the ones outside another time!" I just wish I had seen Crunchie more recentely.

My mum is picking me up at 9 to go and collect her. I hate this bit so much especially as she has been stuck at the vets all night.

She was such a lovely pig and I will miss her so much

Don't feel guilty. It's just one of those things. We all have moments like that. If only we did this.. or if only we did that..

Thinking of you

xx Kelly xx

I have been and collected Crunchie and she has now been buried in my mum's garden.

I gave her a big kiss and told her that I will take care of all her babies and friends.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Rest In Peace Little Angel Piggy.

Michele

So sorry to hear this Ellie

Rip Crunchie, run free at the bridge.

Big hugs to you and your family Ellie.

Love
Claire
x

awl Ellie I'm choking up thinking of how bad you are feeling , its still raw about my losing my Bear I keep thinking if only i had'nt had his leg removed if only i had left it on he might have coped on pain relief for life,but if onlys wont bring him back, God knows I wish it would, he is now free from pain and running with all 4 legs in a meadow, I'm looking at his pic on my avator now and my eyes are filling up, but Ellie you gave her a good home and she knew she was loved,
when we keep pigs like we do we know sooner or later these things happen, it never gets easier but we still have to go through it, time after time, and our grief is testomony of our strong love for our pigs and pets, chin up sweetheart times a healer so they say, we really do know how you are feeling, and feel for you, crunchie is now popcorning and stuffing her face with lovley grass, just picture it, God bless Crunchie ( say hello to Bear for me) :'(

I'm so sorry Ellie.

RIP little Crunchie x x x

So sorry to hear this Ellie, it was the same with my Rudi. Griffy, Rudi and all the other past piggies will be with her now x

Thanks everybody. She will be with my Fluffy and lots and lots of other past piggies and rabbits too.

yes, I wish we could go to Rainbow Bridge. What a furry squeaky lovely place!

And they have their own resident Dr since Feb 28th!

Yeah she will be with Dr too! :)

I been thinking about Crunchie a lot today. She was a very special piggie. Thinking about it she was my oldest sow (only three!)

I hate it coming up to my birthday now because Crunchie died on 9th May 2006 and Daisy my rabbit died 13th May 2005. I dread my 20th birthday next year.

I understand. Traditionally May has always been a terrible month for me with everything going wrong - relationships, college etc. I was terrified about Scarby being ill in May. But perhaps we make ourselves worry about these things too much. It would be terrible to lose Crunchie whenever it happened, and I don't think three is even very old. poor darling Crunchie. She sure was beautiful.

She was very beautiful. Millie looks identical to Crunchie but has white on her head. My mum said when she got Crunchie out the hutch she had to double check it was Crunchie and not Millie. I will always be able to look into Millie's eyes and see Crunchie.

My mum told me that they said Crunchie was blind because her blood pressure was sky high. If she had pulled through I would have done everything to look after her but perhaps she wouldn't have had a good quality of life left if she couldn't see.

Three is not old at all. My baby Fluffy was 6 years old and she was still a young little gal to me. I just wish I could have had longer with Crunchie. I know that all our guinea pigs are going to die eventually like all of us are going to but when it happens its just horrible!

its part of us being such great animal lovers I'm afraid, what a lovely thought i've just had, if we could only switch our tvs on and observe Rainbow bridge and watch our darlings playing, how wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back