• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

crust around nose?

kaarhinoarlo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
so my baby boy piggie, got him yesterday (kenai) has some very dull yellow crust on his nose (the middle where the crease is) it is hard and it has been there since i got him, any ideas on what this is and how to get it off without hurting him?

thanks guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 6
i would not try to remove this yourself, but instead have him seen by a vet. You wouldnt want to hurt him in trying to remove if but it could also be a sign that a vet might need to see in order to determine why he has the crust in the first place and be able to treat him if it is a sign of illness

its always a good idea for a new piggy to be vet checked anyway

Have you got this piggy in order to split up your trio and make two separate pairs? If so, then have you determined which two of your original piggies get on best? Be aware that if you have bought this piggy on spec, then there is always a risk of incompatibility and failed bonds.
Have you double checked Kenai is definitely a boar
How old is Kenai?

Have you got this piggy in order to split up your trio and make two separate pairs? If so, then have you determined which two of your original piggies get on best? Be aware that if you have bought this piggy on spec, then there is always a risk of incompatibility and failed bonds.
How old is Kenai?
yes, i’ve double and triple checked being the paranoid mum. he is 4 weeks old, kenai and arlo get along amazingly its almost like they’ve known each other their whole lives! kenai’s past mum was just as surprised as i was when we saw how good they got along

How old is Kenai?
also, kaa and rhino get along great too, they both have the same parents, arlo had a different mum so that could be why they picked on him (also him being a runt) but i’m really happy with the decision i made, everyone is getting along very happily

yes, i’ve double and triple checked being the paranoid mum. he is 4 weeks old, kenai and arlo get along amazingly its almost like they’ve known each other their whole lives! kenai’s past mum was just as surprised as i was when we saw how good they got along

it would be expected kenai and arlo get on well considering they are only 8 and 4 weeks old. Babies are desperate for company so it’s not now that there is likely to be a problem in their bond. it’ll be once they hit their teens that incompatibility problems could potentially come to light.

also, kaa and rhino get along great too, they both have the same parents, arlo had a different mum so that could be why they picked on him (also him being a runt) but i’m really happy with the decision i made, everyone is getting along very happily

again, it’ll be their age and their need for company as to why they are fine together now. Having the same mum and being biological brothers does not guarantee they will be ok when they hit their teens.

More boar pairs make it together than not, so don’t be overly concerned, but it’s always something to keep in the back of your mind. You can never really tell until they get to their teens

i would not try to remove this yourself, but instead have him seen by a vet. You wouldnt want to hurt him in trying to remove if but it could also be a sign that a vet might need to see in order to determine why he has the crust in the first place and be able to treat him if it is a sign of illness

its always a good idea for a new piggy to be vet checked anyway
oh okay, thank you so much. i currently have a lot of vet bills because i have a sick mouse, she is on 3 types of meds everyday, the vet still aren’t sure what it is but i’m hoping she will be okay. I'm also 17 and have autism so am on a plan with centrelink for money and stuff. i will try my absolute hardest to get kenai to the vets when i have the money to do so. thank you so much for your info though

it would be expected kenai and arlo get on well considering they are only 8 and 4 weeks old. Babies are desperate for company so it’s not now that there is likely to be a problem in their bond. it’ll be once they hit their teens that incompatibility problems could potentially come to light.

again, it’ll be their age and their need for company as to why they are fine together now. Having the same mum and being biological brothers does not guarantee they will be ok when they hit their teens.

More boar pairs make it together than not, so don’t be overly concerned, but it’s always something to keep in the back of your mind. You can never really tell until they get to their teens
your so right with this. my previous boar pair did have some issues but they sorted out their hierarchy and by the end of it they still loved each other and snuggled together, they had multiple places to runnaway from each other if they needed to.
as for my boys now, i am getting my older sister to build me 2 large cages for both pairs as she is amazing at building stuff like this, that way they can have all the space and hides they want :)

Back