• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Cube Storage In New Argos Catalogue - Suitable For C&c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have seen people using those (or similar ones) I personally don't see why they shouldn't be used. Someone pointed out that the pigs can't look out. My cage is made from correx only, so my piggies can't look over the side either. I think it's a good alternative (and cheap) to the other grids if you can't get hold of them.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had any experience with this, but I have some half-size grids and have found that the pee will stain and may not come out fully.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I don't see why not, but the piggies won't be able to see out as the walls are 'frosted' so to speak. I don't see why they wouldn't work like the C&C grids otherwise.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
they could be, but i think it's nicer when they can see out. i know mine like to be nosey and watch the goings on around them :)

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Brill! It is so cheap compared to the c and c website do I sense a c and c cage coming on! ...:sly:

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Or get a small soldering iron and melt a hole through, it will leave smoother edges. either way will be easy though.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had a brilliant cage made out of one of these. I loved it. They're brilliant, I kind of miss it but I was determined to copy everyone else and get c&c at the time, lol. The water bottles sit neatly and sturdy between the grids with the spout part resting on the cortex and the metal wire just hook over the tops. :)

lissie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They look nice, but they're not cheaper than grids. Since they're half the size of regular C&C grids, you'll need to double the amount you buy. So you'll probably need 2 boxes for a cage.

Edit to add: I just counted the panels, looks like you'll have enough for a 2x3 cage, but not the larger cages.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You get them on eBay for £18.99 I made a 6x2 exactly the same as a c&c and only used half the grids I got, you don't need to double stack them :)

lissie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You get them on eBay for £18.99 I made a 6x2 exactly the same as a c&c and only used half the grids I got, you don't need to double stack them :)
Can you post a pic? Are the panels the same size with regular C&C? The pic that lisaali posted, the panels are half the size.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They are half the size, but you don't need to double stack them anyway.
I have one where it is double stacked but I had it as just one panel high for over a year. I'll try find some, this is a new phone :)
WP_20130605_027[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.