• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

cuddles is now poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm having a bad few months with pigs, cuddles is now poorly, found her last night haunched up and her rear end all bloody and dirty, I cleaned her up and gave her the all important baytri l( could buy shares in this stuff) and soothed GG cream on it for her, the thing is she is old in fact we worked it out Colin brought her and her sister in 1999 for his daughters as a baby, so shes 7, I think she has either a wee infection or womb infection, in which case baytril should do the trick, I do not want her mucked about with at her age, she seems a little brighter this morning, have you any ideas of anything else that might help her, I think i'm doing what the vet would do, but have you got any other ideas to sooth her sore bits,

aww poor Cuddles and you!

You are doing the right things for her love, and considering her age, she is and has done so well.

Metatone Tonic will hopefully liven her up a little bit more and Cranberry juice seems to work good too. She has Baytril and you've smothered her in cream - think they are best for the moment. As like you said, not to muck her around because of her age.

xx Kelly xx

aw, I'm so sorry to hear. i also think you are doing all you can do. she has lived a great amount and hopefully she will pull thru. big hugs! xx :)

I'm sorry Michelle, you really aren't having a good time at the mo. x x

so sorry to hear this. You really are having a bad time. We're all thinking of you.

Love to you and all your piggies xx

Michelle, why does it all come at once. You are not having a great time at the mo.

Keep us posted.

Michele

I think she is on her way out, she is dosed up with pain killers and is sitting hunched up, I cuddle her as often as i can , but do not want the vet to muck her about being as she is so old, I dont want to have to move her about too much and think it would be better to let nature take its course she is not suffering, and is still eating and drinking, some times you just know when to leave well alone dont you, at 7 what can the vet do that i cant, except put her to sleep, but while she is not suffering, why would I do that? if she was not eating etc I might consider it, luckly i had pain killers from when Bear needed it,
I was sitting cuddling her last night thinking why do I put myself through all this pain, and just for one brief moment i thought no more pigs thats it when these have gone no more but then I thought I cannot imagine life with out pigs in it, mIck says why are you so down! I wonder why that is? MEN!
the problem is most of my pigs are similar ages 3 or 4 so a lot of them are naturally getting elderly and we all know what happens when you get elderly, you get sick, mine just happen to all be doing it together,
when she has gone, i wonder who will be boss mum pig, her adorable pic is on the photo gallery for you to see how wonderful she is,
I'm feeling really fed up right now, :'( and sad, I spent all afternoon checking all of my others and they are all fine thank goodness, I guess we cant stop old age can we. :'(

Aww Michelle, I'm so very sorry. Gigantic hugs for you.

You are doing all that you can for Cuddles, love. Please don't feel so down, I know it's not easy but you really are doing the best for her.

Lots of love, Kelly xx

Hope you are ok? At least you can say goodbye. Cuddles is a very old piggy. Hope things are ok this morning.

cuddles is still holding out bless her I've been dosing her up with pain relief and water but she wont eat now she tried a little grass yesterday,
I am feeling very down about it all and its reminding me of Bear :'( which adds to the upset I keep thinking if i had found magnesium that seems to be working for Floo maybe I could have saved Bear, :( he was only young and i feel so guilty, I know theres so many good things about having pigs in your life but the heart ache really stinks when they are ill or die,
my eyes are filling up now and I cant see to write, will let you know when its all over :'( :'(

I'm sorry Michelle, you are making her comfortable, and in no pain. x x

((((((Michelle)))))))

Have you thought about doing the kind thing of letting cuddles go. I know its hard.

Dont feel guilty. Just one of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back