• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Current set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
right now, both boys are in my bedroom. I originally had Ralph in the big cage and Arnold in my room in the ELC ball pit but...Seeing them so miserable was breaking my heart...So I had a cunning plan! Use grids to make a partition in the ball pit...It's small but it'll do for a few days and they both seem happy...

Well, Arnold is desperately trying to get to Ralph but I hope he'll learn that it's not happening.
The change in the two was instant, they perked up right away and were sniffing each other, chatting away through the fence. It was lovely and I'm very happy to have them in my bedroom! :) It's only temporary but it's very nice to have them back in my bedroom.

Arnold trying to chew through the fence.
DSCF0800.jpg

Both boys
DSCF0799.jpg

Saying Hi!
DSCF0798.jpg

DSCF0794.jpg

I had to seperate my boys who'd been together around 8/9 weeks but the younger one Alfie kept attacking Albie and drawing blood but he always came off worse (silly boy) so now they're in the shed in a double hutch but every morning they go in to their run which is made of the c&c grids and they can sqeauk to each other through the bars, which they love.
Even though technically they're not together they can still see, smell & sqeauk to each other.

I thought 2 boys were ok to live together? I'm bring home my twin babies this afternoon & I barely have room for them in my flat let alone a double cage! They best not fight !

I only just noticed that I posted this in the complete wrong place! Wow, I must have been tired when I made this thread! mallethead

I thought 2 boys were ok to live together? I'm bring home my twin babies this afternoon & I barely have room for them in my flat let alone a double cage! They best not fight !

They are, if they like each other. In my case, Arnold loves Ralph but Ralph doesn't like Arnold very much...They were doomed from the off but I still believed they could make it. Sadly...they didn't.

But two boys are fine to live together if you can make it work. Lots of people here have pairs that work, some even have trios! It can work and it can be wonderful but it can also...Not work.
I'm sure yours will be fine! If they're twin babies then they should be fine, they say that brothers and boys brought up together from a very young age are more likely to get along wonderfully.
Mine weren't from the same litter and one was a little older when he got introduced to the other, so I was at a disadvantage.

Mine are identical twins haha, they're pretty stuck together like glue so hopefully will behave... I'm so looking forward to posting pix on here!

What a good solution for the present. If they are happy living together then dividing their cage will mean that they still have company but not the opportunity to fight. Unless you have the space for two cages and fancy getting them neutered so they can have wives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back