• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cut on piggie

Hannahb2804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi please can someone help me, I’ve noticed on my piggie above her teeth she’s got a little cut, it’s not bleeding although it has slightly but she seems fine in herself. I’ll attach a photo but it looks like she’s caught it with her teeth? They’re a normal size but can someone please give me any advice that she’s ok? Sorry for the bad photos, I promise I’m not hurting her.
also she got out of her cage the other day so maybe she bit her lip when she jumped? I’m not sure

Attachments

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi please can someone help me, I’ve noticed on my piggie above her teeth she’s got a little cut, it’s not bleeding although it has slightly but she seems fine in herself. I’ll attach a photo but it looks like she’s caught it with her teeth? They’re a normal size but can someone please give me any advice that she’s ok? Sorry for the bad photos, I promise I’m not hurting her
Hi!

I can be that a sharp piece of hay or something else has got stuck in there. Please monitor and contact a vet if you are worried or notice any swelling/loss of appetite (sign of an infection).

Hannahb2804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi!

I can be that a sharp piece of hay or something else has got stuck in there. Please monitor and contact a vet if you are worried or notice any swelling/loss of appetite (sign of an infection).
Okay thank you! How do I know if it’s infected? Is there anything I can wipe it with

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You can perhaps make up a saline solution and use that to clean the area. I’m not entirely sure about how you know it’s infected.