• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cut pad

Sammoo101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I was cutting on of my piggies nails when I saw this. The yellowish crusty bit is normal for him. He gets foot spurs all the time. They are usually not a problem I just clip them off with no problem usually. This time I when went to clip his nails I saw this. There is nothing in his cage that is sharp other then the hay. He dose not seem to be in any pain and is walking around like nothing is wrong.

I did some research on what it could be the obvious culprit being Bumble foot. But it dose not look like any examples of bumble foot I found online. I am going to clean it with surgical scrub but I honestly don't know the best way to keep it clean all the time. If you have any suggestions please reply

Attachments

Sammoo101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
It would be worth speaking to a vet. It looks like an open wound?
What is he bedded on?
I plan on bringing it up to my vet today. He is on guinea dad bedding. It dose not seem to be an open wound. There is a thin scab over it but I am worried that the hay could open it up again.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I was cutting on of my piggies nails when I saw this. The yellowish crusty bit is normal for him. He gets foot spurs all the time. They are usually not a problem I just clip them off with no problem usually. This time I when went to clip his nails I saw this. There is nothing in his cage that is sharp other then the hay. He dose not seem to be in any pain and is walking around like nothing is wrong.

I did some research on what it could be the obvious culprit being Bumble foot. But it dose not look like any examples of bumble foot I found online. I am going to clean it with surgical scrub but I honestly don't know the best way to keep it clean all the time. If you have any suggestions please reply
Hi!

Bumblefoot in an infection of the foot sole (typically a pad) where a bug is getting into through a tiny crack in the skin. It starts with a localised pad and then turns into an open sore (with or without scab and a swollen foot)>

Yours does not look like bumblefoot but more like an injury of some sort. Please have it vet checked if any doubt.

Sammoo101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Update took him to te vet and he will be just fine

Sammoo101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
What did they say it was?
U
They said it was just an injury. The only remotely sharp things he has in his cage is hay so I think we may have just had a freak accident. The would is pretty healed so probably happened at the start of the week. He was in his house a lot then I assumed It was just his arthritis acting up because of the storm we had. Luckily the little dude is already on anti inflammatories so one the storm passed and his foot started healing he was probably feeling better even with his foot like that he is still running around like a mad man.

Thank you all for your concern and advise I sincerely appreciate it.