Cute Items For Guinea Pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to do a little research/suggestions without any advertising. I run a very small, new Etsy shop making guinea pig items (its my hobby - stuck at home a lot due to illness) and wanted opinions of what other useful items guinea pig owners don't think there are enough of on the market. Please note I am not naming my shop as I want unbiased advise.
Currently I make waterproof lap pads, tunnels, bed/cuddle cups and a few custom orders for things like cage blankets all make from fleece, cotton, wadding and PUL.

What cute items would piggy owners find useful? What designs do people tend to go for?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks x

Maybe you could make corner Hidey holes, and these things you attach to the side of the cage and it has strips hanging down. Can we see some pics of your piggies? Hi and :wel:!

Erm Wigwig is short haired with a satiny coat. Jelly bean we're not sure about. They are both rescue guinea pig. Jelly has long parted hair suggestive of Peruvian and a little mohican, but also has mutton chop whiskers and is white, grey, ginger and black, with one pink ear one black ear, one half of mouth black and the other half pink

Fleece hideys roomy enough for a boy to stretch out & show off his choooken legs are the biggest hit with my boys. 3 of them rather like to move things around & one cheeky boy tends to flip things right over so things that can be attached to the cage bars or roof are a big hit with me!

Would you say hammock type things would be preferable or just a hut that ties to the side of the cage?

Would you say hammock type things would be preferable or just a hut that ties to the side of the cage?
Speaking for myself I've found many good hammock sources, but other than hammocks, I've not seen much else that can be attached to the cage to keep it in place. I've managed to get 2 huts that attach to the side of the cage & love them but with 4 boys I really need more & extra for wash day spares are always good. I've also managed to find two tunnels (meant for ferrets) with loops that I can attach with the use of several carabiner hooks put together to make a long enough chain. The boys love their tunnels & I love these because they can't be rolled over food dishes, a popular past time of one of my boys who then ends up wheeking his head off for me to remove the darned thing. Again, I could use more of these tunnels if I could find them!

The boy who likes to roll/push furniture over food bowls, finding this impossible with the hut that attaches to the side of the cage got underneath it trying to move it, but he was thwarted I am pleased to say lol!

I defently like the waterproof lap pad! Umm I'm not sure really, what about comfy bedding/pillows for them? I am forever looking for them and ended up getting dog bed in sides and cusions as I just couldn't find what I wanted.

Lilly - Would you want something that attaches to the side of the cage or the roof? Also in terms of attaching. Would you prefer fabric ties or some sort of cord with carabiner style things?

Galaxy&nibbles - What sort of size bedding? I know there are cuddle cups on the market but are these two small? Also I do a carrot and a lettuce leaf cushion but they don't sell =/ are people looking for large cushions?

I forgot to add :) thank you all so much for your replies, they really are inspirational for what to make next and a lot of help to me :) x

you're awesome for making guinea supplies! i agree , i like the soft igloos as well they are nice. hope you feel better!

Thank you Ayla :) It's been something to do since having to leave uni, although I am looking for a seated office position as I think I can just about manage that with the illness :P but yeah I have a lot of fun making the guinea pig stuff and seeing happy customers and happy piggies :) I love my squishy piggies to bits so it's been nice when customers have sent photos of their pigs enjoying the products :D

I would love to to be able to find guinea cosies that are actually big enough for my guineas to be able to turn around in once they're in instead of panicking and having to back out of them. And just as importantly ones that are reinforced properly around the rim so the pigs cant knock the entrance over backwards and be unable to get back in.
hint hint ;) lol

cosy.webp
This kind of thing, just to confirm, haha.

Last edited:
For me I'd go for something that 2 piggies could snuggle into but have enough room for both to move around. And the igloos, would love 1 that could again fit 2 piggies but would fit in between the 2 levels I have!

Also I've just looked at your shop and your bits look lovely will be adding your page to favourites for the future :-)

Lilly - Would you want something that attaches to the side of the cage or the roof? Also in terms of attaching. Would you prefer fabric ties or some sort of cord with carabiner style things?

Galaxy&nibbles - What sort of size bedding? I know there are cuddle cups on the market but are these two small? Also I do a carrot and a lettuce leaf cushion but they don't sell =/ are people looking for large cushions?
Even though I have commercial cages I would prefer the side of the cage because of the way I have my cages set up. Also I would think they would be more suitable for the many C & C cages out there that don't have roofs. The items I do have are meant to be attached to the roofs (because they're for ferrets not piggies) but I've been able to improvise & attach to the sides. Carabiner hooks are a great invention!

As to types of straps I'm not fussed so long as it is either material that can withstand the wash or can be removed for washing.

Fleece forests with multiple 'dangly' strips that can attach to the cage. I cobbled one together using a grid and a wooden frame and they love running through it, but I'm sure one could be made better and more safely from fabric.

It would be good to have several items that match (in fabric) or that are of a certain theme. For example: Fruit theme, space theme, polka dot theme etc. :D

Hello all! Its been a busy week last week but I have nearly finished a strawberry shelter big enough for 2 piggies and have also ordered these sort of clips ( http://www.redstrawberry.co.uk/comp...ta/Metal_J_Clip_Att_4c0248ff554fc-250x250.jpg ) to make tunnels that can attach to the cage! With these clips I will also be designing an all fabric fleece forest (is it ok if this hangs from the top of the cage or would it be more suitable to atach to the sides?)

Hello all! Its been a busy week last week but I have nearly finished a strawberry shelter big enough for 2 piggies and have also ordered these sort of clips ( http://www.redstrawberry.co.uk/comp...ta/Metal_J_Clip_Att_4c0248ff554fc-250x250.jpg ) to make tunnels that can attach to the cage! With these clips I will also be designing an all fabric fleece forest (is it ok if this hangs from the top of the cage or would it be more suitable to atach to the sides?)
Can you post link or photo when you are ready please? Where are you selling them? How much do they cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back