• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cystease dosage

Loralay93

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

my piggy’s bladder wall got thicker, and she also have chronic cystitis.
I bought cystease, but I don’t know how to manage the dosage. She is a two years old, 900-930gr guinea pig.

how should I determine the dosage of cystease? how long should she use this product? Any suggestions?

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m sorry I don’t have a clue. I will tag @VickiA hopefully you get an answer soon. Also try searching it may have been discussed on someone else’s post.

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm currently treating a 10 month old male piggy who had bladder stones removed when 8 months old. He's recovered well from the op and gained from 547g to 962g in 7 weeks. His dose is the contents of one capsule a day mixed with 3ml of water in a small bottle. He gets 1.5ml in the morning and the remainder in the evening x

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there. Initially I give the contents of the whole capsule (mixed into about 2-3mls of water) each day. When you get to maintenance phase it’s half of one capsule (mixed as above - just give half and keep the other half mixed in the fridge).

Loralay93

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thank you so much all.

so I’ll start with the half of a capsule in the morning and the rest in the evening.

I think she has pain because she doesn’t want to poop 😞. I hope this would work for my baby and metacam of course.

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Our piggy MavisI also has a thickened bladder wall. She is on cystease and metacam. We tried taking her off the metacam but within a couple of weeks she was in pain again when urinating. We give her 1 capsule of cystease in three 1ml doses (so over a day and s half). Her maintenance dose of metacam is 0.2ml twice a day (she weighs 1.2kg).

She is also very susceptible to getting UTIs so we keep s careful eye on her for symptoms of this.

Hope your piggy feels better soon.