Day of the guinea pig - 30th of November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abnoba

Reaction score
Yep, Austria is going to have a "day of the guinea pig" from now on :)

They had something silly like an official "day of the apple" and one woman (and the group "Meerschweinchenfreunde Österreichs (MSFÖSt)" - Guineapigfriends Austria) protested, saying that guinea pigs are just as important as apples are - and won! :)

so the 30th of November is the piggy day from now on - a pity we dont have that in the UK..

So, what do you do on the day of the guinea pig though? :o

C

carrot_tit

Cool! Let's lobby Tony Blair and Gordon Brown about getting one too! Plus one for every other small furry we love!

F

Fr0ggy

:) I'm definately up for getting that one passed in the UK-maybe we should try it and see what response we get!

michellemuffin

Reaction score
with all the stupid rules and regulations coming through parliment lately think I know what sort of response you'll get they'll say your all barking mad we need to deal with people first, yeah right Tony bluddy Blaire, keep doing what you are doing and we wont have any people left to worry about,
I'm all for it though Good old Austria what the hell was that group called I've never seen such a long word before except that welsh one

Abnoba

Reaction score
well Meerschweinchen means seapiggy, = guinea pig. freunde means friends, so:

Meerschweinchen-Freunde :) and Österreich is Austria, so it all adds up to a pretty long name, huh?

michellemuffin

Reaction score
well I live next to the sea so seapiggy figures lol, I can hear it right now in the garden and its crashing rather heavily so the bad weathers on its way for sure

C

cavykind

Abnoba said:
So, what do you do on the day of the guinea pig though? :o
It would be a great day to promote welfare issues and rescue piggies :)
Local papers might run an article on the loca piggy rescues in their area.
Regional pignics could be organised to raise funds.
There must be loads more?

Barbara :)

B

Beaney

I think it should be a public holiday too - then we can all have the day off to play with our piggys as well ;)

michellemuffin

Reaction score
yes a whole day with no distractions just chilling with my pigs sounds like heaven, no phone no door bells no kids whining yep I'm for it

Status
Not open for further replies.