• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Decorating cardboard boxes

RedLoredAmazon

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My kids want to make a haunted house hidey for the piggies out of cardboard for Halloween. They want to use glue to glue pieces of cardboard and paper for decorations. They haven't started this project yet since I wanted to see if this is safe for the piggies. If they can't use glue, what could they use to decorate the boxes?

I’d say no to glue as they do chew on cardboard.

it depends if it is going to be left in their cage or whether they will just be aloud to play with it in a supervised run and how much they usually chew. as my boys are mostly past their chewing phase I let them play with a lot of things in their play time run that I would never leave them alone with.

Thank you both for your replies! Cocoa and Oreo chew everything still. The plan was to leave it in their house for them to explore. I may try to just cut Halloween shaped holes in the boxes.

I sometimes paint pictures/ bunting to put round the outside of their cage to make is seasonal.

That is a fantastic idea! Cocoa and Oreo's house is a plexiglass and wood home. We could attach some pictures to the outside of the plexiglass.

Back