• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Delicate subject - dead GP & what to do with her

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

I have her in a small box.
What do I do with her?

I buried my last on but she was one of my pets - this is a rescue who I deliberatley tried not to get attatched to (yeah right - like thats possible!).

I don't have much garden to be doing this with every time. Would the wheelie bin be insensitive?

I live near a river and have a small garden, so when my son's pet mice died we buried them near the river on the river bank. I don't know if you can travel to a nearby river or park, but we thought it was a nice idea. I come from Nottingham myself and just thought of Arnold Park, or Trent Bridge (down past the football grounds ect there's a private bit) or Fiskerton. Somewhere where no one will see you (they'll think you're mad)

Sorry to hear about your rescue pig. Gemma and I rescued some sows a few weeks ago with really bad mites and they both died along with their babies :'(

Give your local vets a bell as they might beable to help. All the animals that have died within that week will be picked up and take to a place where they can cremated together.
So sorry (((HUGS)))

hils78 said:
I have her in a small box.
What do I do with her?

I buried my last on but she was one of my pets - this is a rescue who I deliberatley tried not to get attatched to (yeah right - like thats possible!).

I don't have much garden to be doing this with every time. Would the wheelie bin be insensitive?

Sorry H didnt know it was you. if you where near to me I could take her to work for you. What about your local council you could try giving them a bell. I am sure if you tell the vets that she is a rescue pig they might be able to help.

Mary

Sorry about the piggie Hilary :'(

We can bury her in my garden if you like x

ahhh how sad for you, I would either ring the vets or better still bury her in a nice place like a common or park or as suggested near a river etc

I'll try the Vet. Thanks Mandy for the offer I'll let you know. My sister will prob let me use her garden. Don't know why I didn't think of someone else's garden.
Yet again some great advice from you all.

H78

One of Gorgeous guineas newsletter had a piece on this, they suggested putting your GP in the bottom of a flower pot and plantting a nice flower on top, think I still have the newsletter in my in-box so will double check and if I have post here.

Jeremy

wouldnt that start smelling after a while, if its just in a normal flowerpot? O_o

I mean, if you do it in summer especially... *me thinks of this years heatwave...*

Not sure as it was in GG newsletter and I have never done it, but it should just decompose in to the compost, my compost bin smells OK ( well when I say OK I wouldn't wear it as aftershave ) :D

I cant remember exactly what it said, I had it but cant find it in my in box..

Bury her. She was in your care. You owe it to her.

The wheelie bin is more than insensitive.

penfold118 said:
Not sure as it was in GG newsletter and I have never done it, but it should just decompose in to the compost, my compost bin smells OK ( well when I say OK I wouldn't wear it as aftershave ) :D

I cant remember exactly what it said, I had it but cant find it in my in box..

Someone here has done that, can't quite remember who but I shall go look :) BTW I think it's a lovely idea especially if you may ever move :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back