• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Delivery day!

Piggies&buns

Junior Guinea Pig
I am alarmingly excited about the delivery waiting for me when I got home today!
The snugglesafes are not what I was expecting! I was expecting something I could slip under their fleece...they are like doorstops! Hopefully the boys will love them though!

Attachments

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2017/18
I put the snuggle safes in the area where they like to spend the night. Spike and Peanut sleep either side of one with their chins resting on it when the weathers cold. All six of my piggies love those nuggets.

Piggies&buns

Junior Guinea Pig
My boys currently have constant access from their 4x4 c&c area up into their hutch (it’s all in a shed) and don’t get locked in the hutch at all at the moment. I will lock them in the hutch overnight when the temperatures in the shed get down to 10 degrees (I won’t be able to keep them warm if they have constant free range but I can insulate their hutch for winter months) and will pop the snuggle safes on either end of the hutch so they have a choice to sit together or apart and still keep warm. I do hope they enjoy them!
They normally eat burgess pellets but I have decided to switch to grain free having read about the benefits of them. I have just put four grain free pellets in each of their bowls to see what their reaction was (I know not to just change their pellets over in one go but instead change them gradually) and they jumped straight in and ate them immediately - they don’t do that with the burgess pellets, so I am hoping they will be happier with the grain free.

PigglePuggle

Teenage Guinea Pig
I am alarmingly excited about the delivery waiting for me when I got home today!
The snugglesafes are not what I was expecting! I was expecting something I could slip under their fleece...they are like doorstops! Hopefully the boys will love them though!
My snugglesafes came too- and some new Vetfleece in a nice lilac colour, and a new haycube, I love deliveries of piggy things! Tomorrow the piggies get to play with the cardboard box it all arrived in :)

PigglePuggle

Teenage Guinea Pig
The lilac is from amazon, its not vet bed or vet fleece brand but it looks and washed identical to vet fleece, same fluffy top and green backing and same size. Think it was PaH brand which stands for "pet and home" and isnt the same as pets at home? Not tried it yet but the colour is beautiful and it washed well! All my home decor is lilac or purple so I couldnt resist buying colour co-ordinated piggy fleece :)