• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental Pig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited your post to remove a word. Anyway back to the important stuff. How much are you syringe feeding? Can he eat anything for himself? You won't be able to buy CC from Pets @ Home by the way. You need to get it from a vet or somewhere like Vet UK.

Yeah, I wasn't editing my natural train of thought out, sorry :(

I've been aiming for 200ml a day. We usually get there, although yesterday was not a good day and we only got to 150ml before he bit me and showed off royaly.

I've just noticed that I can't get CC from P@H sad times.

x

Lexy I thought you only started syringe feeding now as in today?

If you have been getting 200mls into him daily then he should not be losing weight, infact I'm not even sure a pig could take 200mls. I was under the impression it's ment to be 120mls per day.

Maybe I'm getting muddled in regards to amounts.... in that case where has he been putting the extra? 0_0

I've been Syringe feeding him since Thursday.

x

Maybe I'm getting muddled in regards to amounts.... in that case where has he been putting the extra? 0_0

I've been Syringe feeding him since Thursday.

x

You've been syringe feeding since Thursday, but you haven't been weighing him?

If he's getting 200mls a day he shouldn't be losing weight, why didn't you take him back last week if he was unable to eat?

Because I watched him eat little bits of hay and things like that. I thought maybe he was in pain and just getting used to things.

because I suck in other words?

I've obviously weighed wrongly again.

He's gone from 512 back up to 716. I think I need to buy new scales :/ xx

I've obviously weighed wrongly again.

He's gone from 512 back up to 716. I think I need to buy new scales :/ xx

Lexy you really must get some acurate scales if you are dealing with a potential dental guinea pig. Surely you can tell just by picking him up that his weight hasn't changed that dramatically though.

Who has identified there is a dental problem? Was it your vet? Are you still going to visit Vedra today?

His weight hadn't changed that dramatically. He hasn't put on or taken off, he doesn't look any different.

It was undeniale. But vedra agree'd.

how is he eating?

does any food fall out of his mouth?

does he eat like he has something stuck in his mouth?

how are his poops?

syringe feeding needs to be given at 120mls per 24 hrs every day, plus water around 5mls i give after each syringe feed to wash away food in the mouth.

is he on any pain meds?

is he on Daktarin oral gel?

if he was unable to close he mouth is he still unable to do that now? the back teeth sound like they are over grown (tall) these need to have small and regular bits taken off each week for a few mths until they are with in normal size, then they need dentals ever few weeks and if lucky every few mths after but it takes many mths to get them right before they can move onto mths dentals.
sorry for all the Qs x

Hi I hear that there is someone in Cambridge that is really good at this can anyone tell me the address as i have a guinea that needs it top teeth filing down?

Hi I hear that there is someone in Cambridge that is really good at this can anyone tell me the address as i have a guinea that needs it top teeth filing down?

I believe that this is one of Lexy's lovely pigs that has now gone to a lovely experienced dental home via rescue, so he's now all sorted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back