• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Depressed Piggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hiya

Since Gizmo died on Tuesday my other 3 piggies are havent made any chirping sounds or any noise at all, usually when they hear me preparing their food and when I call them to let them know its feeding time they run around chirping and excited but they are just laying or standing around :(

They are all eating and seem ok otherwise, just really quiet and lethargic.

How long is it normal for them to be like this?

Thanks x

Last edited:
Every pig/tribe is different with how they react to loss, Tracy, I do feel for you with your three. My room seems awfully quiet now without Frankie around but in this case I think it's more because he was so chatty!

I like to try and give the remaining pigs something exciting and new when they sense loss or feel saddened by the changes accompanying a loss. An enormous pile of hay comprising some new and different varieties of hay. An extra veggie treat during the day. An extra cuddle or a very exciting adventure playground for floor time! Time on the grass, if possible (not at this time of year unfortunately). Just something to remind them it's good to be a piggie. :)

Every pig/tribe is different with how they react to loss, Tracy, I do feel for you with your three. My room seems awfully quiet now without Frankie around but in this case I think it's more because he was so chatty!

I like to try and give the remaining pigs something exciting and new when they sense loss or feel saddened by the changes accompanying a loss. An enormous pile of hay comprising some new and different varieties of hay. An extra veggie treat during the day. An extra cuddle or a very exciting adventure playground for floor time! Time on the grass, if possible (not at this time of year unfortunately). Just something to remind them it's good to be a piggie. :)

Thank you, I have been given them extra treats and more of their favourite hay, I hate seeing them looking so sad.

My dog Ralph loved Gizmo I have photos of them together, whenever we got her out he always nudged her and got excited and even he looks fed up and keeps looking in their run :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back