• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Desperately need to rehome 5 guinea pigs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new here but I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with rehoming my guinea pigs. I've recently lost my job which means I can't afford to stay in my flat and am having to move into a house share and I can't find one prepared to take pets :0

I have a pair of girls (Pickle and Pudding), a pair of boys (Peanut and Popcorn) and a single boy called Pringle - he fought with his brothers so I had to separate him but their cages are currently side by side so he has some company. If possible I would like him to stay with the other boys as, although they fight when they're together, they often fall asleep with their noses touching through the bars.

They're all coming up to a year old and are fairly timid. For some reason it doesn't seem to matter how much I handle them, they aren't getting used to it and are still almost as nervous now as when I got them. I've never known guinea pigs be like this so I'm wondering whether something happened at the breeders before I got them ?/

All of them have their cages and various toys and bits and pieces that I'd be happy to let go with them... I'd love to keep them but there's just no way at the moment so I'd rather they were happy with a new family to care for them :(

If anyone can help please drop me a line... I need to move as quickly as possible and I really can't stand the thought of having to take them to an adoption centre at a pet store 8...

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tracie (aka Biscuit) x

Hi, sorry, yes that would probably help! I'm in Leeds.
It's breaking my heart to let them go but, even if I managed to find somewhere that would let me take them, they would be so cramped in a shared house or flat it wouldn't be fair on them. My heart is telling me to keep them but my head knows they'll be better off somewhere with plenty of room to run around outside their cages etc... I need to be strong and think of their wellbeing over my feelings 8...

aww bless you think i would be the same:( thats a bit to far away from me I'm in peterborough and dont have any transport i no there is a lot of people on here that take alot of guinea pigs in just have to keep asking around xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back