• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

diarrhea?

kamjay

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 female guinea pigs and I looked inside their cardboard box hideout and it seems like there is diarrhea. But here's what's confusing me, inside that box there are a bunch of normal poops and outside the box they have a BUNCH of normal poops. I also took them out their cage yesterday for floor time and they pooped quite a bit and they were normal and hard. I am thinking that maybe they are peeing and stepping on the poops to mush them up but I am not sure.

What should I do just to make sure they do have diarrhea before taking any else action?

I have 2 female guinea pigs and I looked inside their cardboard box hideout and it seems like there is diarrhea. But here's what's confusing me, inside that box there are a bunch of normal poops and outside the box they have a BUNCH of normal poops. I also took them out their cage yesterday for floor time and they pooped quite a bit and they were normal and hard. I am thinking that maybe they are peeing and stepping on the poops to mush them up but I am not sure.

What should I do just to make sure they do have diarrhea before taking any else action?

Hi!

Please take your guinea pigs off any fresh food for a day or two if the poops are soft or shapeless but have still got texture. See a vet promptly (within 24 hours) if the poos don't firm up very noticeably within 24 hours or get worse.
See a as quickly as you can if you are dealing with fluid diarrhea.

Here is more information: Digestive Disorders: Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement) And Not Eating

Back