• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Diarrhoea

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoretikos

Rescue Buddy
Reaction score
Quinn has cow-pat type poop after eating veggies.
He fine in himself and hasn't lost weight.
This just happened around an hour ago.
He has poop all over his face so I've tried to wash him and he's unhappy.

Is it best to avoid giving him veggies and to monitor him tonight?

Edit: I have recovery food but he is refusing to eat it.

Quinn has cow-pat type poop after eating veggies.
He fine in himself and hasn't lost weight.
This just happened around an hour ago.
He has poop all over his face so I've tried to wash him and he's unhappy.

Is it best to avoid giving him veggies and to monitor him tonight?

Edit: I have recovery food but he is refusing to eat it.

With cow pads it is usually enough to take him off fresh food to see whether the poos firm up again within 24 hours. Wait another 24 hours to make sure that the guts have normalised and then go back to re-introducing fresh veg slowly and gradually. You can give some extra probiotic during that time.
Just monitor the weight/food intake and see a vet if there is no improvement or promptly if the poos go properly fluid.

With cow pads it is usually enough to take him off fresh food to see whether the poos firm up again within 24 hours. Wait another 24 hours to make sure that the guts have normalised and then go back to re-introducing fresh veg slowly and gradually. You can give some extra probiotic during that time.
Just monitor the weight/food intake and see a vet if there is no improvement or promptly if the poos go properly fluid.

Thank you :)

He's thankfully eating his hay, will have to buy a probiotic tomorrow morning. Hoping he will be fine tomorrow as it just came on suddenly.

Thank you :)

He's thankfully eating his hay, will have to buy a probiotic tomorrow morning. Hoping he will be fine tomorrow as it just came on suddenly.

In most cases, you are back to normal within a day or two just by going off fresh veg. As long as the poos are starting to firm up again within 24 hours and to normalise, you need not worry. It is just a mild tummy upset in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back