• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Did I Get Everything I Needed To Get My Guinea Pig?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thea

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am getting 2 male guinea pigs and I'm getting them next week and i want to make sure i have everything i need to buy before i get them.
here is the list i have i need to buy do i have everything thats an essential?
2 food bowls
2 hideaways
2 water bottles
cage (midwest interactive gp habitat plus)
food pellets
hay
peppers
carrots
lettuce
towels
fleece blankets
hay rack
chew toys
tunnels
baby oil (for anal sack cleaning)
dust pan

I will be getting nail clippers and guinea pig soap soon.

Yes that is about right.
But which pellets do you think you'll buy?

And I wouldn't feed lettuce more than a few times a week, it can be unhealthy, as well as carrots which can damage the liver.

Celery, coriander, spring greens, cucumber, green pepper are fine to feed daily. :)

Yes that is about right.
But which pellets do you think you'll buy?

And I wouldn't feed lettuce more than a few times a week, it can be unhealthy, as well as carrots which can damage the liver.

Celery, coriander, spring greens, cucumber, green pepper are fine to feed daily. :)
I was gonna get oxbow timothy based food pellets are those okay? and thank you for the advice i did not know that!:)

I was gonna get oxbow timothy based food pellets are those okay? and thank you for the advice i did not know that!:)
I don't have personal experience with those I'm afraid.

If you can afford slightly more pricey pellets from zooplus, there are bunny guinea pig dream basic, or vitacraft. :)

I don't have personal experience with those I'm afraid.

If you can afford slightly more pricey pellets from zooplus, there are bunny guinea pig dream basic, or vitacraft. :)
okay i will get one of those:nod: and how often can i feed lettuce like is 3 day a week okay or....?

okay i will get one of those:nod: and how often can i feed lettuce like is 3 day a week okay or....?
In my views I would never feed it. It is very high in calcium. If you do feed lettuce, it cannot be iceberg.

Personally I would not. But if you really want to, feed it once or twice a week.
Okay I will not feed it to them then thank you so much for the help! I am still researching about them since i wasn't expecting to get a guinea pig since some ones giving it to me so i either take it and get it a friend or it goes to my shelter that usually kills the animals they don't get adopted and i did not want it to get killed:(

Okay I will not feed it to them then thank you so much for the help! I am still researching about them since i wasn't expecting to get a guinea pig since some ones giving it to me so i either take it and get it a friend or it goes to my shelter that usually kills the animals they don't get adopted and i did not want it to get killed:(
It is great you are doing your research. Many people don't.

Oh no what a horrible situation. You are very kind to take on a piggy.

Oh gosh ! What a shock.

I think you are going to be a very good guinea pig owner so I am so glad you are taking this boar on.

A bottle brush is really handy as well as baby bottle disenfectant. I also keep a small amount of cotton swabs, electric scales, steptic pencil, shampoo, notebook, scissors and a comb in my guinea pig drawer. Can't wait to see pictures of your new boys

A
A bottle brush is really handy as well as baby bottle disenfectant. I also keep a small amount of cotton swabs, electric scales, steptic pencil, shampoo, notebook, scissors and a comb in my guinea pig drawer. Can't wait to see pictures of your new boys
Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back