• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

diet for your piggie! please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
TRY TO FEED 3 VEGETABLE SERVINGS PER DAY. BE SURE ONE IS SOME TYPE OF LEAFY GREEN.
A variety is necessary in order to obtain the necessary nutrients, with one each day that contains Vitamin A. Add one vegetable to the diet at a time. Eliminate if it causes soft stools or diarrhea.

Limit fruits to 1-2 tablespoons per 2 lbs. of body weight (none if dieting) from the list below of high fiber fruits. USE FRUIT ONLY ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK. Sugary fruits such as bananas and grapes should be used only sparingly. Guineas have a sweet tooth and if left to their own devices will devour sugary foods to the exclusion of healthful ones.

(!)=Use no more than twice a week. High in either oxalates or goitrogens and may be toxic in accumulated quantities over a period of time.
(*)=Use no more than twice a week.

Vegetables:

Alfalfa, radish & clover sprouts
Basil
Beet greens (tops)*
Bok choy
Broccoli (mostly leaves/stems)* - 1 FLORET & STEM
Brussels Sprouts - 1 Sprout
Carrot - 1 to 2 baby carrots or equivalent
Carrot tops*
Celery – 2 INCHES, cut in 1 inch pieces
Chard (red or green)* - 1 LEAF
Cilantro – 6 - 8 STEMS AND LEAVES
Clover – 10
Collard greens* - 1 LEAF
Cucumber – 1 SLICE
Dandelion greens and flowers (no pesticides)* - 6 LARGE OR 10 SMALL
Endive*
Escarole
Green peppers – 1 SLICE
Kale (!)* - 1 LEAF
Mint
Mustard greens* - 1 LEAF
Parsley* - 6 - 8 STEMS AND LEAVES
Pea pods (the flat edible kind)*
Peppermint leaves
Radichio – ½ CUP
Radish tops – 3 LEAVES
Raspberry leaves
Romaine lettuce (no iceberg or light colored leaf) or red/green leaf - 2 LEAVES
Watercress*
Wheat grass
Fruits - 1 CUBIC INCH:

Apple
Blueberries
Papaya
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Plums
Raspberries
Strawberries Melon
Orange (including peel)
Tomato

Absolutely NO Chocolate (Poisonous!), cookies, crackers, breakfast cereals, bread, pasta, yogurt drops or other "human treats." There is research to suggest these items may contribute to fatal cases of enterotoxaemia, a toxic overgrowth of "bad" bacteria in the intestinal tract.

are the portions stated for 1 piggie?

great thread, will use this for my research. :)

Absolutely NO Chocolate (Poisonous!), cookies, crackers, breakfast cereals, bread, pasta, yogurt drops or other "human treats." There is research to suggest these items may contribute to fatal cases of enterotoxaemia, a toxic overgrowth of "bad" bacteria in the intestinal tract.[/QUOTE]

dammit bang goes their night in with a galaxy bar aha! :/ JOKE! rolleyes:p

I do/did give them to off toast crust, mm will stap that!

my girls get curly kale every day, am I poisoning them? Maybe I should stop feeding them so much...but they love it...

Same here i have given them some every day and also Broccoli i give them more than 1 each day. I didnt realise you shouldnt give carrot too much either.

if i only fed in kale leaf they would walk out and leave me. also you only have green peppers, and no spinach. i think like us lots of different veg all in moderation is fine, mine get kale and spinach every other day. carrot and beans every day to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back