• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaPiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two boys, almost a year old. And I have a c and c cage with fleece. But my piggies are pulling up the fleece and going under it. How do I get them to stop? Anyway to disencourage them or something?

I found it helpful to weigh fleece down in each corner with cabins and then have a smaller fleece for them to go under when they want to. Now I use vet bed but I often have a piece of fleece loose as they like to play under it.

I have a hidey in one corner, litter tray in another, hay ball in third corner and hay tray in fourth. Then plenty of toys and tunnels in the middle. But have not experienced digging piggies before, so perhaps mine have been less adventurous! You could try some cosies and cloth tunnels?

My fleece is long enough so I can peg it to the cage on one side, then have hay tray & hideys the other side and this works well!

I put binder clips on the fleece, and its working:yahoo::lol::)):tu::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back