• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dihorrea while taking medication. Advice needed.

Shelboner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

My piggy has been really ill lately she has been to the vets 3 times in the last week or so. It started off as an eye infection which all of her cage mates had too. They all had eye drops and the other 2 pigs got better but she didn't. I took her to the vets again yesterday. As she has been wheezing coughing and her nose has been clicking very loud, She was given metacam for swelling. Sulfatrim antibiotics. Uniphyllin (theophylline) to open her airways. They believe she has a chest infection. But today I was cuddling her before giving her the meds and she left watery poop on my arm it was definitely not pee as it was brown 😕 I'm worried ofc. The vet weighed her she lost 7 grams since her last visit but she wasn't worried about that I don't think she is a chunky guinea pig. She was eating fine yesterday and today. They did get a corn plant my mum grew yesterday as a treat they got the whole plant and loved it. Should I do anything now to help her? Maybe syringe her some water to help make up the loss of water from the dihorrea. Or cut out veg for a few days and separate her from her friends. I would ring my vet for advice but they aren't open on weekends. I've spent all my guinea savings. I'm stuck. I've asked for help from others and no one wants to help me if I need a vet appointment. I've already used pay later at my vets and can't afford anymore. I'm hoping this is just from the meds and will be okay and I'm worrying over nothing

Sorry I can’t really advise in this situation but did want to offer you support in such a tough situation

Thank you. It's tough. It just feels like 1 thing after another atm.

Life is like that sometimes but hang on in there.
The bad times don’t last forever even if it feels unending at the time.
Most people go through rough patches - it’s part of life, but it’s these really bad times that can make us better people.
You have friends on this forum who are supporting you even if we’re not there

Back