• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dill And Its Magical Properties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbiS

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i just got home from work to find Barney limping really badly. He is still eating really well so talked to MrS about giving him pain relief tonight and tomorrow morning and if no better in 24hrs for a vet trip. In the meantime I gave him a big bunch of dill, as we know dill to piggies is like catnip to cats.

Anyway - he ate this big pile of dill and miraculously is now limp free! Dill clearly has magical healing powers or I have an attention seeking piggy!

Aww Barney! Reckon it was part of a plan, you know your two lads are very clever and cunning. Hope the limp is nothing and doesn't return x

Well if male- I'll go for attention seeking haha. Fingers crossed the limp was nothing and doesn't return

My poor boy started limping again so has had to have some medicine washed down by carrot. He wasn't impressed! I won't be overly impressed at having to get up 10mins earlier to give him more before I leave for work but he is so gorgeous and gave me lovely cuddles tonight (very strange for him) that I will do it with a smile!
He is displaying his poorly paw for all to say 'awwww' at!
image.jpg

Aww! He is adorable! Hope his paw feels better soon! :)

Oh! He's a cutie :) Mine also had a "limp" last night which mysteriously disappeared after veggie time and hasn't returned ;)

Hmmmm. I never thought of bay leaves! Do you feed them dry or fresh? I've never actually encountered fresh ones anywhere :(

Hmmmm. I never thought of bay leaves! Do you feed them dry or fresh? I've never actually encountered fresh ones anywhere :(

I feed them fresh- Piggy slave that I am I have actually purchased 3 bay trees - they get a leaf each - they love them soooo much they will take them from my hand and then run to the furthest corner so that no one can pinch it off them- very funny too watch.

I have googled and it does say that the properties of Bay leafs are that they are rich in Vitamin C and are known to have been antiseptic, anti-oxidant, digestive, and thought to have anti-cancer properties. So not only tasty but good for them:nod:

aww.. Kiss boo boo to the paw~I hope Barney'll stop limping soon! He's so cute!:love: I just found out my boy really like dill yesterday and since I have a box of dill in hand, I fed him twice today (one twig each time) and felt guilty about it, now I'm not so worried :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back