• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dioralyte For Guinea Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone ever used Dioralyte for their piggies? Vimt's is on a diuretic fro a URI and struggling to get her to drink with it.... Concerned about her getting dehrydrated

Anyone ever used Dioralyte for their piggies? Vimt's is on a diuretic fro a URI and struggling to get her to drink with it.... Concerned about her getting dehrydrated

Yes, we recommend using it for guinea pigs that are off food and water. If she is still eating watery veg, she is likely not in any acute danger of total dehydration, but it cannot hurt.

The equivalent US brand is called pedialyte.

Thanks Wiebke, will pick some up on lunch today x

I use it for piggies with diarrohea,or needing total syringe feeding and water.diuretics can be pottasium sparing,so useful to use to replace pottasium.Hope your piggie is ok.i usually make 200mls up daily and place in fridge with lid on top of container,use within 24 hours.

At the recommendation of another member when I ran out of recovery food I mixed dioralyte with ground pellets and it worked fine. I always keep a pack of black currant ones and my piggies seem to enjoy the taste,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back