• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Disgusting conditions at farm park

FruitiToooti

New Born Pup
Hi, so I’m not sure where to post this so please move if you feel nesserary but I went to a farm park today. The weather in the uk at the moment is 30degrees and gyineapigs and rabbits had no water. They were laying on their sides panting. Their hutches were awful and falling apart with barley any sawdust. There were 3 boats crammed in this tiny cage. I went round and adjusted all the bottles since they were all too high up. There were chickens in their too with no water. The other animals such as sheep and cows also had no shade and water but I thought their living conditions were just disgusting. The guineaoig were being grabbed by little kids and it was clear that the lady working there had no clue. It was heartbreaking to see the animals over heating. I got one of the pigs out and he had previous injuries on his ears where half of one was missing from what I can assume is fighting from improper bonding. I just needed to rant this was utterly awful. 6CAB92E9-96ED-42D1-A331-B81AB56B7A73.jpeg 73822E32-127A-44AF-BBFB-8D028BB11BC0.jpeg 7E30BF15-EBA6-4E38-97D4-413D29D37913.jpeg B163D4D4-092A-41BE-BF00-C9D6025A4068.jpeg BBDBF834-7E91-4BAB-9413-7AA42BA1399F.jpeg

FruitiToooti

New Born Pup
I am going to email the RSPCA about the guineaoigs and rabbits but also the other animals too. It was such a hot day as well it just made it so much worse it was awful. The pictures barley show half of what it was like. I expect more from a farm park.

Tiamolly123

Forum Donator 2017/18
Oh dearie, dearie, me. Lol if they are charging, as far as I know they have to have a licence if they are taking money off people. They also have to have public liability insurance as well because of the tractor. Make sure you give your name & address then the RSPCA will let you know what action they have take. Nobody else with know your details.

FruitiToooti

New Born Pup
Oh dearie, dearie, me. Lol if they are charging, as far as I know they have to have a licence if they are taking money off people. They also have to have public liability insurance as well because of the tractor. Make sure you give your name & address then the RSPCA will let you know what action they have take. Nobody else with know your details.
They are quite a reputable farm park. A few years back when I went they were really good.