• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i love looking at guinea pigs evry pet shop ect evn google them just to admire there so cute then you get thehorrible images of the cooked ones its disgusting why do they have images like that on there who would want to see that. It really upsets me to think that anybody would eat these gorgeous animals so why would i want to see it its sick xx

rise above it love its all you can do.

I was watching 'an idiot abroad' earlier and they were in Peru, and as soon as a piggy came on i switched off....i dont need to know.............:(

its gross. I'm so protective of my guinneas its upsetting i must stop going in pet shops though its killing me seing them and not being able to buy one got more than enough to look after still so gutted about lolas babies all the questions of what could have been wrong with the poor little things on a brighter note lolas doing good just really feel for her xx

I don't really understand the point of eating them...

Sadly it's what people do in some places. It's no different than us eating sheep or cows...Really.
I'm not saying I like it but I understand that different countries have different ways of doing things.
I'm just very thankful that they're considered pets here and not food!

I'll never be eating one, that's for sure! I'm all for new things but once you have them as pets...You really can't think of them as food.
My dad jokes and says that my boys are so fat he could have piggy for breakfast but that and...This are totally different.
Seeing a photo doesn't bother me so much but if someone actually pulled out a plate with roast piggy on it...I would cry...And then call them a monster! :{

its gross. I'm so protective of my guinneas its upsetting i must stop going in pet shops though its killing me seing them and not being able to buy one got more than enough to look after still so gutted about lolas babies all the questions of what could have been wrong with the poor little things on a brighter note lolas doing good just really feel for her xx

Awww poor Lola, so glad to hear she is doing well, the babies.....well it just wasnt their time right now, i mean, what more could you have done eh?

cmon love, pat on the back you did everything possible, you just gotta have faith in fate.

And lets face it...you still got Lola..............................:))

rise above it love its all you can do.

I was watching 'an idiot abroad' earlier and they were in Peru, and as soon as a piggy came on i switched off....i dont need to know.............:(

I saw that too. The piggie was okay - the 'witch doctor' used him to transfer energy... apparantly rolleyes He wasn't hurt - just pretty miffed at having his energy mixed up I think! rolleyes:))

could lolas babies have been premature? as they had folds of skin under there chin that kinda came down to above there front paws and a few days leading up to her giving birth she lost quite abit of weight 60g at one point xx

I saw that too. The piggie was okay - the 'witch doctor' used him to transfer energy... apparantly rolleyes He wasn't hurt - just pretty miffed at having his energy mixed up I think! rolleyes:))

i just saw the way he was handling it and that was enough...i know they are from that country and its their way, but....not mine lol x

could lolas babies have been premature? as they had folds of skin under there chin that kinda came down to above there front paws and a few days leading up to her giving birth she lost quite abit of weight 60g at one point xx

i dont know that sorry, but i think you should stop torturing yourself. Unless of course you are just gathering info for next time.

Poor thing x

Thats what they eat in Peru. We eat meat such as beef whereas some countries e.g. India, see the cow as something sacred and would never eat it and think its vile.

Eating Guinea pigs isnt alien tome I'm afraid :(
My parents originate form a small village in Italy and my mum has always told me how they use to eat guinea pigs when she was a kid and my Grandmother still did up until she died 7yrs ago. I can still remember going out to her farm and playing with them and asking her if I could have 1 and her asking me if I want to eat it, I was so shocked I was like 'NO! To have 1 to play with while I'm in Italy!' Thankfully I never witnessed her killing or eating 1, that would of traumatised me for life :{. I didnt like the idea of it but it was her culture so didnt bother me, plus they were well kept, they were kept clean and well fed and she never had more than around 15, plus they had the run of a whole barn, no diffrent really than us eating free range chicken, beef etc. Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with it but it was her culture. Now my mum loves guinea pigs (alive that is!) she wants 1 for her garden but my dad wont let her so she coos over my sons, she said she liked them when she was a kid too but eating them was just a normality.

I did a google image search on guinea pigs recently 1, to find some pictures to make my niece a poster for her caviery and 2, to gather images for a guinea pig train cake I made my daughter for her 7th birthday.
Well I can tell you I felt totally shocked at the images that came up on the screen of these poor piggies and when my daughter saw them she cried.
I know it's someone elses culture but it still saddened me, but then again I can't eat duck it just doesn't seem right, yet I'm fine with beef, pork, lamb & chicken......I guess I'm a bit strange lol.

I did a google image search on guinea pigs recently 1, to find some pictures to make my niece a poster for her caviery and 2, to gather images for a guinea pig train cake I made my daughter for her 7th birthday.
Well I can tell you I felt totally shocked at the images that came up on the screen of these poor piggies and when my daughter saw them she cried.
I know it's someone elses culture but it still saddened me, but then again I can't eat duck it just doesn't seem right, yet I'm fine with beef, pork, lamb & chicken......I guess I'm a bit strange lol.

I'm really funny about stuff like that, too!
I won't eat certain meats. I'm fine with Beef, Pork and Chicken but you'll be lucky to get me near anything else!
Someone offered me Lamb once and I was all "I can't eat something that adorable!"
I think it depends on how we've encountered these animals in our life time...I've never been that close to a pig, chicken or cow...
So I'd assume that's why it doesn't cross my mind.

Last edited:
I'm afraid just like cHina with cats and dogs they're considered food to some people in some countries. It's horrid I know :( I once tried to talk to some people on a chat room about my pigs and they all started talking about how they tasted and what went best with them.

I'm afraid just like cHina with cats and dogs they're considered food to some people in some countries. It's horrid I know :( I once tried to talk to some people on a chat room about my pigs and they all started talking about how they tasted and what went best with them.

Urrgh that horrible, poor little piggies:(

Eating Guinea pigs isnt alien tome I'm afraid :(
My parents originate form a small village in Italy and my mum has always told me how they use to eat guinea pigs when she was a kid and my Grandmother still did up until she died 7yrs ago. I can still remember going out to her farm and playing with them and asking her if I could have 1 and her asking me if I want to eat it, I was so shocked I was like 'NO! To have 1 to play with while I'm in Italy!' Thankfully I never witnessed her killing or eating 1, that would of traumatised me for life :{. I didnt like the idea of it but it was her culture so didnt bother me, plus they were well kept, they were kept clean and well fed and she never had more than around 15, plus they had the run of a whole barn, no diffrent really than us eating free range chicken, beef etc. Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with it but it was her culture. Now my mum loves guinea pigs (alive that is!) she wants 1 for her garden but my dad wont let her so she coos over my sons, she said she liked them when she was a kid too but eating them was just a normality.
The grandma thing made me laugh, just like grandma's :)

People are OK with eating pigs, cows and sheep here. I think it's probably just the same as other countries but different animals. I'm a veggie, however, so it all seems alien to me :))

horrible images of the cooked ones its disgusting why do they have images like that on there who would want to see that. It really upsets me to think that anybody would eat these gorgeous animals so why would i want to see it its sick xx

That is the problem with the Internet. It will throw everything at you which will can give some stark truths.
You must realise in South America it is the normal menu dish, like we have fish and chips. ;) I haven't been to South America but I know several people who 'packed-back' and they ate some strange meals.

I was told by my boss's son that 'Eskimos' think it's very odd we eat cheese. Afterall, it's 'rotten milk'

lol Rhubarb that made me laugh,,,,,thanks.

I love cheese - rotten milk or not, and i think that people only rub noses to get rid of their snot droplets!! So point is...eskimos are the weirdos!

Isnt it mental, i wouldnt dream of eating my dogs or my pigs or any cat or horse...yet think nothing of eating cows (which i adore) chickens (which i adore) duck (of which i adore) :red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back