• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dislocated Jaw

Kitch2481

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there. My partner’s guinea (Harry) has a dislocated jaw too. We took him to the vets and they said that his back teeth were too long so cut them down but the sad news was the dislocation. I can see that he’s not well and coupled with the fact that my partner is distraught, makes for a very sad time. Is there anything to be done for Harry? I’m syringe feeding him at the moment and will be taking him to the vets later today but I fear that they may say things have gone too far. He’s of good weight but it’s only a matter of time before it declines. We love in Northampton. Many thanks.

Kim and Simon are on holiday next week, ring for an emergency appt today if you can, they are fab dental piggie vets the best in the country, you are lucky you live so near, I travel from Cornwall. Hope you can get piggie seen x

Kim and Simon go on holiday today, but will be back on the 17th. Ring for an appointment for when they’re back now. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been told the guinea pig has a dislocated jaw and that has never been the case. It’s always been that the teeth have been so overgrown that the jaw is severely pushed out of alignment. This can be sorted, with the correct treatment.
www.catandrabbit.co.uk

Thank you all, for you help. I’ll try and find a tel number and let you know how we get on. Much appreciated.

Back