• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Diy Two Tiered Wooden Hidey House?

Esirev

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Currently I have only one plastic igloo. My dominant piggie always stays in it, meaning my other piggie has no where to hide if he happens to be scared.
So I want to get some new hideys, but I was thinking it would be better to make my own. I am planning to make a two tiered wooden house.
What are you thoughts on having two levels? What sort of wood should I be using? And is gorilla glue okay as long as it is not exposed to the piggies? s-l400.jpg
This is the sort of hidey I was thinking about. Thanks for all your help! :nod:

Somebody else will hopefully be advise you about construction materials etc for your project - looks impressive; good luck! In the meantime, I have found that cardboard boxes with a few entrances/exits work fine as short term hideys and would give your other piggie somewhere to go.

Not sure about construction materials but i do have the exact same wooden house that is in the photo and my piggies love it. I put a puppy pee pad and fleece or a snuggle sack in the top part and there is always one of them up there (usually the boss pig Peggy as it is her favourite place).
If you are using a C&C cage just make sure the the wooden house has panels around it high enough to prevent a piggy in the top part accidentally jumping out of the cage.

Not sure about construction materials but i do have the exact same wooden house that is in the photo and my piggies love it. I put a puppy pee pad and fleece or a snuggle sack in the top part and there is always one of them up there (usually the boss pig Peggy as it is her favourite place).
If you are using a C&C cage just make sure the the wooden house has panels around it high enough to prevent a piggy in the top part accidentally jumping out of the cage.
Where did you buy the house @YvonneBlue ?
I would love one of those but no chance of me making anything like that!

Where did you buy the house @YvonneBlue ?
I would love one of those but no chance of me making anything like that!
Whelbands Assorted Pet Shelters they have a Facebook page and an eBay store. Sorry but I don't seem to be able to copy the link on my mobile.

Whelbands Assorted Pet Shelters they have a Facebook page and an eBay store. Sorry but I don't seem to be able to copy the link on my mobile.
Ordered the corner version, and some custom sized fleecy pee pads from Ziggy's piggies to go on the top deck :)

I've checked their Facebook page, and it looks so well made. I'm considering buying one of their houses instead of making my own! Thanks @YvonneBlue !

I bought the corner one and it was delivered on thursday, I'm really impressed with the size and quality for the price. Waiting for my custom fleecy absorbent pads from Ziggy's piggies to go on the top deck before I put it in the cage and let the piggies test it out though :)

Just looked them up on ebay and saved them. Love their stuff. May well buy one nearer the summer when my lot go out to play on the grass.

Oh my they look absolutely perfect. It would free up alot of room in my cage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-075236.png
    Screenshot_20190120-075236.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 1
Back